четверг, 28 июня 2012 г.

I just want to point out, Swan Lake runs about 2 1/2 hours. Each act is roughly an hour with a 20 mi


Saldarj - Just my two cents about bringing a 7 year old. We were just at the Australian Ballet's Swan Lake at LC last weekend. It was a matinee and there were several young children sitting near us (7, 8 and I would guess 9). From overhearing the parents speaking, all were students of ballet. Although they were very well behaved and quiet, they could not sit still by the second act and were no longer engaged by the ballet. I don't think their parents were enjoying themselves either because the kids were in their laps, moving around and just restless. Of course, every child is different, but I don't think their behavior was out of the ordinary. And if a child wants to talk, people sitting nearby are really hotel california midi intolerant. Of course, you know your child best, but this is what I've observed over many, many years at the ballet (and taking my own son when he was very young).
I was at the ABT at the Met last week. Dress code wise, as long as you look clean/decent, you'll be fine. I saw lots of young ladies (in their 20s) in super-short skirts and 5"heels, guess that's the dress code for that age group.
I just want to point out, Swan Lake runs about 2 1/2 hours. Each act is roughly an hour with a 20 minute intermission. So if it starts at 8PM, it will be 10:30 when its over. Seems long and late for a 7 year old. Perhaps you would do better with a matinee?
hotel california midi If she really like dance - Swan Lake is no longer than a Broadway musical. Is she interested in dance? Taking lessons? Has she seen any on TV? If not, can you get a DVD and show it to her to see how she reacts. I definitely think you would have to explain the story to her before you go,

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий