вторник, 26 июня 2012 г.

Like my Facebook page and leave a comment there describing what you had going on twenty-five years a


You may remember the contest I held last year on behalf of National Car Rental . I ve teamed up with National once again for another incredible contest! This year marks the 25th anniversary of National Car Rental s Emerald Club, the car rental industry s first frequent-renter program. melbourne serviced apartments To celebrate, National is hosting a contest called Blast From The Past via its Facebook page . You may enter to win a $25 Visa Gift Card by submitting a photo, story, or video describing what you were up to twenty-five years ago.
To further melbourne serviced apartments promote the contest, National has given me two more $25 Visa Gift Cards to give away to my readers! But before I get into that, I got to thinking, what was I up to twenty-five years ago? It was 1987 and it was a pretty important year for me. I graduated from 8th grade in June and started high school in August. Talk about a transition! I went from a grammar school where I was friends with (just about) everyone, where most of the students were from the same neighborhood as I, to a high school where I knew no one and met kids from all neighborhoods and suburbs of Chicago many I d never even heard of before! It wasn t always easy, but it paved the way for me to take on life s challenges and face them head-on. I definitely learned a lot from my experiences that year.
Leave a comment on this blog post describing what you were up to twenty-five years ago. Were you dancing to new wave music or rockin a mullet? If applicable, I wasn t around twenty-five years ago is a valid entry.
Like my Facebook page and leave a comment there describing what you had going on twenty-five years ago. Again,  I wasn t around twenty-five years ago is a valid entry. If you already Like my Facebook page, still leave a comment there so I know you re looking to enter the contest.
I will pick two winners at random, one from each method of entry. All comments will be given a number (the first comment will be #1, the second comment will be #2, and so on). I will use random.org to select a number; melbourne serviced apartments the author of the comment corresponding to that number will be the winner! The winner from this blog post s comments will be notified via email so be sure to include an email address that you check regularly and/or will not direct my email to your Junk folder. The Facebook winner will be announced there on The Working Mom s Travel s page.
For hosting this contest, I receive a "Go Like a Pro™" gift basket, which includes a National tumbler, a National embossed leather writing pad, a National pen set, a weekend duffle bag, and a driving melbourne serviced apartments kit.
Twenty Five years ago this month, I was two months away from graduating High School. I was going to be attending Western Illinois University in the fall and could not have been more excited. In hindsight, going away to college was the best thing I could have done. It began shaping my independence and what makes me the person I am today. I also met so many different types of people which even coming from a big city like Chicago, you are still in your own little bubble and have no idea what all out there, even in a tiny town like Macomb. I met several women there who are still my friends to this day and in fact, one of them, Lisa Favia and I took a roadtrip to St. Louis a few weeks ago to visit my old college roommate, Candice Carnahan.
I had to do math to figure this out and it took me a while, but I was a freshman in high school. I was making friends of a lifetime and learning a little too. I miss those carefree days. Pick me! Pick me! Thanks Tuna.
Thank you for putting 1987 as 25 years ago geez, I feel old! I was wrapping up a very tumultuous 6th grade year, fighting with both my teacher my parents, trying to figure out how to tame the lovely spiral perm I had (after finally growing out my ill-advised melbourne serviced apartments mullet), and diligently posting Kirk Cameron posters melbourne serviced apartments which I had lovingly torn out of Sixteen, Bop!, and Tiger Beat around my room.
I was also getting ready for the move to seventh grade, which meant figuring out how to purchase, then apply, clear mascara one of the few types of make up we could get away with at my Catholic grammar school and really melbourne serviced apartments only something the upper classmen tried and hoping Mark Wahlberg would see my mascaraed eyes through the crowd and tell me he d be loving me forever.
Twenty-five years ago, I was finishing up my first year as a freshman at Mother Theodore Guerin High School (Mama Teddy as we affectionately called it). I m sure I was thumbing through melbourne serviced apartments some teen magazine and cutting melbourne serviced apartments out words or pictures melbourne serviced apartments to tape into my planner. We did more work trying to make our planners look cool with the right hip words and heartthrobs, than we did actually keeping our calendars and logging our homework. I wore a hideous wool uniform skirt with just about every color imaginable in its plaid pattern I called it my crayon box. Under the crayon box, as I d wait in front of St. Pat s High School for my bus everyday, I donned the ever popular leg warmers, layered crew socks and either tennis shoes without the laces or Tretorns (sp?) with colored laces! And don t forget all collars were turned up because we were just that cool! My hair was always big enough, so I never needed to schedule that ritual into my day. But, thinking back, what a trip that must have been for our parents! (Fun contest Francesca, thanks!)
In 1987 (25 years ago) I was in 6th grade and I had just broken up with my first boyfriend . Haha! We had only had 2 dates (one at the school dance and one at the local ice cream shop) but I didn t want to get tied down that soon. I was also putting up Kirk Cameron posters on my bedroom wall and locker, as another poster said.
25 years ago I was finishing melbourne serviced apartments up my freshman year of high school where I fell in LOVE with hockey:). I was also about to have my first job At the Dairy Queen in Boyne. I always worked the evening shift and my dad would be waiting there at 10:00 every night. I can only imagine what I ll be doing 10 years from now when my own girls are 15 picking them up from a job? Watching them in a sporting melbourne serviced apartments event? Visiting them at the juvenile detention center;)?
25 years ago, I was getting ready to graduate fron 8th grade. We went on a class trip to Kings Island in Ohio. I bought a safari type hat and half shirt which I wore most of that summer. then I started high school where I ran into an old frenemy that became one of my best friends. She broke the ice by asking to borrow my bible. I guess I am lucky that she was an irresponsible bible owner.
Twenty-five years ago . I was inching towards my 3rd birthday. I was busy driving my parents crazy, causing my older sister severe jealousy, melbourne serviced apartments and probably getting into all sorts of trouble. Yep, not much as changed

1 комментарий:

  1. Private jet rental is both easier and less expensive than most people think. The best way to go about it for a first time client is to retain the services of a professional charter broker who can not only book the flight but also answer questions and address concerns.

    private jet service Toronto

    ОтветитьУдалить