понедельник, 30 марта 2015 г.

As far as rental car chains go, there's actually a big difference in the prices. When I compared pri


This is one of those posts where you ask yourself, “Should I keep this one to myself?” You know, when you spend some time to find that perfect deal and want it to last forever, so you don’t tell anyone so as to keep it all your own? But what sort of true cheapster would I be if I didn’t boast about the wealth of savings I uncovered? After years of switching from one promotion and one rental car company to the next, I’ve found some of the cheapest car rentals in town—economy size of course.
As far as rental car chains go, there’s actually a big difference in the prices. When I compared prices for Avis , Budget , National travel inn chippenham , Enterprise , Alamo , and Discount for a three-day rental this weekend (pickup Friday, return Monday), the prices ranged from as little as $49.57 to as much as $129.57, including taxes and unlimited mileage.
For years I had been renting at Discount. Their daily rates were fairly low, and you could use their weekend promotion to get your rental free the third time you rented a car for a weekend within a year of your first weekend rental. This stopped being an option once the location near my home shut down. Now that Discount and Mr. Rent-A-Car seem to be in partnership, the option is back on the table.
Recently, I rented travel inn chippenham from Enterprise. For a weekend travel inn chippenham it cost me $67.57. The deal with these guys and many of the others is that the more in advance you book, the better the price you’ll get. This rate is their best. The guy I dealt with said he’d also give me the same $20/day rate if I wanted to rent until Tuesday too. I also got a free upgrade by signing up with their customer appreciation club. Unfortunately, the upgrade was a PT Looser, er Cruiser . Although hardly an upgrade in the looks department, at least it had enough room to fit my kid’s stroller.
So who’s the cheapest to rent from? That depends. If you are lucky enough to book your rental well in advance or on a slow weekend, Budget seems to be the cheapest. Their weekend rate is $49.57. However, travel inn chippenham Budget is often booked up well in advance, and you can often only get this deal at the airport. If you want to not have to book too far in advance, I’d go with Enterprise. Even though they don’t have a free weekend promotion like Discount, their rate is only $67.57 compared to just over $100 at Discount. Although, if you rent say three or six times a year, Discount will be cheaper because you can use their weekend promotion. Avis’ rates are not too much more expensive than Enterprise: $72.84 for the weekend, so they aren’t a bad option either. National and Alamo were on the high-end, costing $98.98 and $129.57 respectively.
Brodie Smith wrote: Unfortunately, the upgrade was a PT Looser, er Cruiser. Although hardly an upgrade in the looks department, at least it had enough room to fit my kid’s stroller. Unfortunately, it didn t have enough torque to move with the stroller in it.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий