суббота, 31 августа 2013 г.

Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines o


As players in this fun game of ours, we often get caught up in the idea of maximizing our points and getting the most value out of them. That usually means redeeming for expensive hotels or business class and first class airfare that can give us 5+ CPM. But is that all that matters?
I've been lucky enough to travel quite a bit. I haven't seen as many countries as Rick, but at 23 I've seen my fair share and plan to see many more as the years go by. Luckily I discovered this hobby, which has allowed me to travel even more at a young age. But sometimes I wonder to myself why I waste so many points cruises to europe and miles on business class tickets at this point. Sure, coach isn't as comfortable but I can certainly deal with it at this point in my life. I've been flying since I was a year old, and up until a few years ago I was perfectly fine flying coach across the Atlantic to Europe.
A coach ticket to Europe is about 60,000 miles – give or take some, depending on the program. Business Class is 100,000 miles roundtrip! That's 67% more miles! Thinking of the bigger picture, I could take 5 trips to Europe in coach or I could take 3 trips in Business Class for the same number of miles. Maybe I won't get 5 CPM with a coach ticket, but I'll see more places and at some point you have to decide which one is more important.
Don't get me wrong, I think there is definitely a place for Business Class awards. I've never taken a 14+ hour trip from New York to Asia, but I can't imagine it's fun in coach. Yet plenty of people do fly it every day, so I'm sure it can't be too bad unless you're cruises to europe flying it every week. But special trips like anniversaries cruises to europe or honeymoons? I can't fault anyone for splurging for Business Class to celebrate. People who have been all over the world already? They don't need to take as many trips as I do – they can settle for the 3 trips instead of the 5 trips for 300,000 miles. People like me though, who have so many places they want to see and only so much time to see them? I think I can deal with coach for a little while longer.
Some of you probably think I'm crazy and maybe I'll think I'm crazy the next time I fly coach, but I just wanted to remind cruises to europe everyone that it's not always about the CPM calculation. Sometimes, being able to go on a trip on miles and points that you couldn't have afforded otherwise cruises to europe is all this game needs to be about. Sometimes it's about being able to see the world and not about how you get there or where you stay.
This is my last post for the site and I just wanted to say that I've enjoyed writing for the site. It's been great to interact with all the readers and read your comments and suggestions about all the different topics I've written about. cruises to europe I've really learned a lot from all of you, so thank you!
I have thought cruises to europe for a while that there needs to be a well informed cruises to europe blogger who focuses on the economy traveler. Maybe there s no money in that? Lots of pretty pictures of high end hotel rooms, lounges, and premium cabin seating have hardly any interest to me. The major blogs, like this one (I guess it s called Frugal Travel Guy after all), do have good information for us, but often seem to be heavily focused on the luxury end of the miles and points activity, and often the best strategies are quite different for the economy traveler.
As a foreign student, I have at least two RTs to Asia, and I was fine with coach all the time. Now I have enough points for biz class, I might try it once but I guess I ll stick with coach in the future. I just don t see any point burning A LOT more miles for some service that you won t pay much more to have it. You know sometimes it s just math game
Sorry to see you go, Bryce. I m not nearly as young as you, but I think it s a question of personal priorities. Those who have plenty of miles and points, and know they ll be getting plenty more, or who have only seriously limited time windows each year to travel for fun , can afford to burn them on premium travel. I personally would much rather go on several trips a year in economy rather than one or two in business.
Great article and very valid points. I ll be doing a family getaway with wife, daughter and son in law and grand kids (total 6) to Europe next year and were all flying coach on aircraft equipped with window/aisle seating. The following year I ll be doing the same thing with my wife, son and his wife and 2 more grand kids and currently have more than enough miles to do it all in coach on United, USAIR or Delta.
Good points all. I have a couple of 13-14 hour trips in E+ coming up and with luck they ll be just fine. But for my vacation in Europe next summer I m looking for business seats to give myself a treat. cruises to europe Right now I m earning the miles faster than I m burning them so I m declaring it worth it .
But like anything in life, it all depends. When you ve got to choose between 40K couch vs 100K business, as often is the case with American, that s one thing. When you re choosing between cruises to europe 60K vs 100k (United) that s another. And when you choose between 90K vs 100K (Sky Pesos) that s an entirely cruises to europe different cruises to europe animal.
cruises to europe Another thought. Flying in old FIrst on AA metal or Premium Business on LAN to South America cruises to europe cost the same amount of miles. Now, believe me, I will NOT waste my miles flying First on American. LAN quality, however, makes this choice a little more difficult.
So glad to see this post. I always fly coach, even NYC to Asia, and wish there were more blogs that were geared toward my kind of travel. All of them seem to be focused on airport cruises to europe lounges and showers in first class on Emirates. WHO NEEDS TO SHOWER ON THE PLANE??
I have a different philosophy than you (but also a different age). When I travel with my kids and my wife (we are 4) I travel coach. But if I am in a trip with just my wife, I use my points and miles like there is no tomorrow. I fly business or first class, and stay in the best hotels because those are the things I could not afford cruises to europe paying for and I want to really enjoy my time with my partner, and that includes not only visiting the places, but flying comfortable and staying in the nicest places with the best beds, services, etc.
I plan trips 2-3 years out, and if I have more points than I need for those trips then I start to look at business class or a nicer hotel. If I had more time off and more money, I would probably always fly coach and just travel more often. Every trip costs me money even if I m using points because cruises to europe I have to board the dogs and pay for meals ect so with lots of points and limited # of trips, it makes sense for me to fly business class at least on long flights (hawaii from the east coast).
Related Posts A New Frugal Travel Guy Poll and It Never Hurts to Ask Medical Mileage Runs? One Week Only! 60,000 Point Sign-up Bonus for Chase Ink Cards Sunday Success Story Destinations The Value of Networking and Read the Rules Paris A Trip Review American Express Financial Review Indonesia and Dengue Fever And Away We Go Of to Lima, Peru Accor Voucher Again
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program.
Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of the bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed cruises to europe by any of these entities. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий