воскресенье, 22 декабря 2013 г.

Once I finally got through security, I met Marilyn again and she gave me a guided tour of the World


Last month a rather awesome early Christmas gift landed in my inbox from the fabulous people at World Duty Free (you know, the super glamorous designer-filled shops you find at most airports?). residence inn las vegas They asked me if I wanted to take part in their Travel Blogger Christmas Shopping Challenge. I was intrigued!
Now when I say challenge, I actually mean more of a dream come true, as the aim of the game was to get all my Christmas shopping done at a World Duty Free shop with £250 worth of FREE credit! And seeing residence inn las vegas as taking a travel blogger to an airport without letting them travel would be like taking a kid to a sweet shop without buying them anything, they also kindly flew me off to Paris for a festive mini break . Merry Christmas to me!
My experience with World Duty Free began when I arrived at Heathrow Terminal 5 Arrivals hall. I was met by the lovely Marilyn, who was the personal residence inn las vegas shopper residence inn las vegas that would meet me on the other side and help me with the challenge. As my flight was delayed she told me she had arranged for me to receive a make-over from YSL, a hand massage from Jo Malone and a facial from Crème de la Mer – a perfect pre-flight pampering experience.
Once I finally got through security, I met Marilyn again and she gave me a guided tour of the World Duty Free shop, which is the biggest in Europe. She knew the shop like the back of her hand and was keen to show me all the travel exclusives and unique items they had on sale including a gold plated pair of Ray Bans retailing at £2249! (Sadly my budget didn t cover them). I am a sucker for designer make up and perfume, so couldn't wait to pick out my Christmas gifts for my Mum, Dad and Sister (and a few travel treats for myself of course!)
By the time Marilyn had shown me around the entire shop, we realised there was only about 30 minutes for me to pick out my buys before I had to catch my flight. residence inn las vegas I shop better by myself as I am a very indecisive shopper, so I asked Marilyn residence inn las vegas to have the last 30 minutes alone. I suddenly felt very overwhelmed with choice and felt a slight sense of 'Supermarket Sweep' coming upon me but I stayed calm to avoid any impulse buys.
I had a bit of a mental note about what products I wanted to buy, but with so many incredible brands and designer makes there, I was genuinely residence inn las vegas spoilt for choice about what to spend my credit on. All the shop assistants couldn't have been more helpful and there was a really lovely Christmassy atmosphere in the shop to send me off on my festive break to Paris. So I suppose you re wondering what I chose in the challenge? Well keep scrolling!
I chose a mixture residence inn las vegas of Christmas presents for my family and a couple of indulgent travel gifts for me (if you re not going to treat yourself, who will!?) I had the option to do World Duty Free s Shop Collect residence inn las vegas service where you quite literally shop before your outbound flight and collect residence inn las vegas your goods after your inbound flight. I thought this was a fantastic idea, as you can then shop without worrying about weighing down your luggage. But as all my items were small and light, I didn t use this service.
YSL had an amazing range of make up compacts that were all travel exclusives. I loved the colours in this palette and the fact that I could bung it in my handbag and have a set of transitional colours to take me from day to night. It also came with a glamorous make up holder and mini mascara and brushes perfect for packing light. This little baby was the first in my basket and was a gift from me to me!
Dads are always easy to buy for aren t they? Well, mine is,  he is happy with almost anything! He specially requested a top up of this Mont Blanc Legend aftershave after I bought residence inn las vegas him some for Fathers Day this year. This was second in the basket and big tick off the list.
I had already bought my younger sister her main Christmas presents residence inn las vegas so I chose to get her this gorgeous chanel lip gloss as a little extra top up. She is a student so wouldn t normally ever buy herself such a luxurious residence inn las vegas gloss, so I know she will really appreciate it! I have this colour myself and it s my all time favourite.
OK I splurged a little! When I wrote my Christmas Wish List blog post I mentioned how I was after some new Ray Bans for Summer 14 and thought this was the perfect opportunity! I was tempted to get the Club Master style but went for classic Aviators in the end as I figured they re so classic they will never go out of style! A timeless travel essential in my book.
My housemate at Uni had this scent and I used to be obsessed with it! As soon as I noticed there was a Vicky S concession at World Duty Free I went straight over to find it. The scent is very fruity residence inn las vegas and a perfect body spritz to keep you smelling sweet all day. I m still undecided about whether to give this as a gift or keep it for myself. They also had amazing make up at Victoria s Secret which I was also tempted by.
My mother is a woman with an impeccable make up collection. She s got enough luxury make up to rival the Harrod s Beauty Hall, so I played it safe and went for a classic I know she loves, the YSL Touche Eclat. This exclusive travel pack came with the YSL mascara to try too, which I know is fab!
Thank you to all the lovely staff at World Duty Free for making residence inn las vegas my blogger challenge residence inn las vegas so enjoyable. I love all my products and it certainly residence inn las vegas helped with the monstrous task of Christmas shopping! What followed was an amazing mini break to Paris which is coming residence inn las vegas up on the blog next!
Nice perks! I hope you ll write about Paris too? Your xmas pressies look lovely nothing like owning a bit of luxe! Downside is I guess you ll have to ask your family not be sneaky and read this until after xmas
Abroad s View on A Perfect December Day in Anna Roberts on The Travel Blogger Christmas C Taylor Hearts Travel on A Perfect December Day in thetravelistablog on A Perfect December Day in Abroad s View on A Perfect December Day in
My name is Jessica Gibson and I am The Travelista! By day (and night) I am a Freelance Luxury Travel Writer, Blogger and Digital residence inn las vegas Content Executive. Me in a nutshell? Well I'm a 20-something residence inn las vegas jet setting, creative residence inn las vegas and adventurous female with a love for travel, writing and the digital world. I love my job and I want to document my adventures with those who love to travel or simply just dream about it.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий