среда, 22 января 2014 г.

To be an SATW member, you ve got to be a writer, editor, photographer, bloggers, or broadcast/video/


I recently was accepted into the Society of American Travel Writers (SATW) . Founded in 1955, the group promotes responsible journalism, provides professional development for its members, and encourages the conservation and preservation of travel resources worldwide. I suspect its members also are the keepers of the holy grail—or at least they know where it is and sprinkle clues to its location in various travel publications.
To be an SATW member, you ve got to be a writer, editor, photographer, bloggers, or broadcast/video/film producer residing in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean. And, kind of like the new qualifying system for the Kentucky australia accommodation Derby , to be eligible, you must have enough points , which are determined based on the audience size of where you ve been published.
Interesting, australia accommodation Zach. You are bucking the trend. I thought fewer people were joining professional writing organizations these days. I say that only because of my experience, of course. I was an SATW member for a few years then let my membership lapse because it was too expensive for what I got out of it. Then it was too much of an annoying process to re-join. I just did the same with ASJA, too. It seems the only reason I paid dues to either of those orgs was so that I could say I was a member. I ll be interested to see how you find it.
Travel news/travel buzz editor at MapQuest, Aol Travel, and Gadling. Previously, freelance travel writer (contributed to The Wall Street Journal , USA Today , Fox News, Air Canada's enRoute , BlackBook , Gridskipper, and Budget Travel) and founding editor of Eater Louisville.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий