среда, 30 апреля 2014 г.

Tagged as: best salads charlotte nc , doubletree by hilton , doubletree charlotte airport , mixed be


I was taking a two-day financial seminar at the hotel.  The first day of the seminar was gray, cold, and rainy. thrifty rental cars  We ve been having a quite a lovely winter in Charlotte this spring!  When lunchtime came, I didn t really feel like walking in the damp to the nearby Salsarita s.  Nor could I really justify hopping in my car and burning gas to drive a single block.
However, I was pleasantly surprised.  There were a number of vegetarian and vegan options on the menu including Chips with Salsa and Guacamole ($8), Black Bean Quesadillas with Salsa and Guacamole ($10), a Greek Salad and Mixed Berry Nut Salad (both $10), several varieties of vegan salad dressing including Raspberry Vinaigrette thrifty rental cars and Balsamic Vinaigrette , and a Vegetarian Pasta entree on the dinner menu ($18).  There were also a fair number of side items, most vegetarian and a few likely vegan.
Since it was a chilly day, I decided to order the Black Bean Quesadillas thrifty rental cars without cheese.  A generous portion of beans and a truly excellent thrifty rental cars house-made salsa (with a touch of something citrusy?) were layered inside thrifty rental cars the tortillas.  The quesadillas came with an equally generous side of guacamole.  I peeled apart my tortillas and smeared a thick layer of the guacamole on top of the beans and salsa.  I had to eat them with a fork, but who cares?  My modified quesadillas were warm, hearty, creamy, comforting a perfect meal for a dark, chill day.  I left confident that I d had a vastly more satisfying meal than I would have at Salsarita s.
Day Two of the seminar:  Sunnier, but I d had such a positive experience thrifty rental cars at Treetops I went back to try it again.  I am not usually a big fan of salad when I eat out.  However, one of my fellow seminar participants had ordered an unusually delicious looking fruit cup as her side item, so I was curious about the Mixed Berry and Nut Salad .
This is what Hickory Tavern tries to pass off as a $10 meal salad with avocado slices, black beans, corn, cucumbers, jalapenos, kalamata onions, mandarin thrifty rental cars oranges, tomatoes, thrifty rental cars and red onions? If you look closely, you can see 5 of the 22 black beans in the salad. (Yes, I counted.) You can also see all 2 of the canned mandarin thrifty rental cars orange chunks.
And HERE is what $10 will buy you at Treetops a huge salad with not just spinach but baby spinach; at least a cup and a half of fruit strawberries, raspberries, and my favorite BLACKBERRIES; a generous sprinkling of slivered almonds; thrifty rental cars and the most delicious raspberry vinaigrette made from fresh pureed raspberries.
I also have to give props to Treetops Cafe for the wonderful service.  I had the same waitress both days.  She appeared to be perhaps Hispanic but spoke English very well.  She had a warm smile and overall pleasant attitude, striking that perfect balance between friendly and professional.  She apparently kept her eye on the customers because she took my order as soon as I put my menu down, kept my water glass filled, and only brought my bill once I had finished eating yet I never felt she was lurking.
The ambience was pretty much that of your typical hotel restaurant.  Quiet, calm, mostly neutral colors.  A small bar area.  Floor to ceiling windows with drapes that were always perfectly adjusted more open on the rainy day, strategically closed in certain windows on the sunny day so sunlight didn t glare into customer s faces as they ate.
I can t vouch for the rooms, as I didn t stay there overnight, but I will definitely eat at Treetops Cafe again if I have another seminar or business meeting at the hotel.  One of the most unexpectedly pleasant vegan dining experiences I ve had in a long time.
Tagged as: best salads charlotte nc , doubletree by hilton , doubletree charlotte airport , mixed berry and nut salad , treetops cafe , treetops cafe doubletree , vegan restaurant reviews , vegan restaurant reviews charlotte nc
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your meal in our cafe. Having been a vegan for many years myself I know how hard it us to find good vegan food away from home. I am truly humbled by your glowing review and appreciate it so much. Next time your in please feel free to allow us to better it by creating a fresh vegan special for you. My chefs and I are always happy to accomidate Cheers, Chef Michael

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий