среда, 25 июня 2014 г.

Celebration is a lovely clean ship,beds are comfortable,food is good, staff are helpful and pleasant


Celebration is a lovely clean ship,beds are comfortable,food is good, staff are helpful and pleasant the entertainment was excellent. The only problem was the vibration/pulsating of the ship which was constant day and night, funnily enough we did get used to it but I am afraid airline reservations online that we had an evening of moderately rough sea which affected quite a large part of the passengers on the captains night, myself airline reservations online included. I think that the age and size of the ship probably airline reservations online played a part in so many passengers being ill when the sea was not that rough. We also found that the main dining room meals were not as good as the self service which always had plenty of choice and everything airline reservations online was exceptional. I feel that it is time for Thomsons to invest in some newer ships or they risk being left behind in the cruise ship business. We still had a lovely time as Thomsons reps are excellent and there is always plenty airline reservations online of guidance through the whole embarkation procedure, from boarding the plane,landing, transfer to the coaches to getting on board ship. PL
I have recently returned from the Celebration after doing the Aegean and Holy Land i love this ship, staff fantastic, food great shows good, cabin (suite) amazing i will definitely go back on this ship the staff really made it for me they were just great we dined in the Mistrals restaurant one night and it was worth 20 pound lovely food, Thomson cruises are not posh!! But they are down to earth and met some lovely passengers i cant wait to book again!
Please see below my original e-mail to Thomson Cruises after our cruise in January 2014 My E-mail dated 12/02/2014 We returned from our 2 week Canary Island Cruise on Friday 31/01/2014 and we feel we must voice our great disappointment with the holiday as a whole. You are probably aware of the outbreak of the Noro virus which affected a large number of passengers and crew on the first week. My husband was taken ill with some of the symptoms and after I reported to the reception, we were both confined to the cabin. This was understandable, but what we didn't expect was the wait before anyone contacted us. Even though I told reception about my husband at 11 o'clock in the morning and we were told the Medical Center would come to see him, no one contacted us until going on for 9pm. I had tried to contact them by phone, but couldn't get through. They eventually phoned us and arranged to send some re-hydrating tablets and Imodium and a bottle of water to our cabin. During this time we were left without anything to eat and although my husband didn't want anything, I was very hungry, as I wasn't ill at this time and hadn't airline reservations online eaten since breakfast. I tried a number of times to phone the room service but couldn't get through, so eventually at about 8pm, I went to the Lido and quickly brought myself a bite to eat back to the cabin. Then about 10pm Room Service phoned to ask if we wanted anything to eat. A bit late by then!! This was on the Wednesday of our first week. The next day we were told that it had been arranged for everyone on board to leave the ship on Friday, so that they could sanitize everywhere. Again we understood and thought it was probably a good idea. We were allowed back on board at 4pm, but what we didn't expect when we got back to our cabin, was to find it EXACTLY AS WE'D LEFT IT in the morning!!! There was no sign of the cabin having being sanitized, nor even the bedding changed!!! I contacted reception to ask if they were meant to have sanitized the cabins and was told yes. I said ours hadn't been, but they said it would've been and it was just the beds that weren't made. I can tell you no one had been near our cabin; there were still marks on the sink and on the dressing airline reservations online table etc., even our Cabin Steward told us that they hadn’t sanitized the cabin because of the smell it would have left behind. Eventually our beds did get made, but no one changed the sheets!!! IT SEEMS TO ME THAT IF YOU HAVE A VIRUS GOING ROUND AND PEOPLE ARE CONFINED TO ONE PLACE, THEN SURELY THE FIRST PLACE TO BE SANITIZED WOULD BE WHERE THEY HAVE BEEN CONFINED?? AT LEAST YOU WOULD EXPECT THE SHEETS TO BE CHANGED!! We received a bottle of bubbly and some chocolate strawberries by way of an apology the following day, but I’m afraid this didn’t stop my husband airline reservations online from being quite ill and unable to leave the cabin for 4 or 5 days of that second week. We blame the Air conditioning to some extent as well, as we feel this was just circulating the germs from one place to another. airline reservations online We asked for it to be switched off, but were told that couldn’t be done, but the engineer put some cardboard in the vent instead and we were given a fan to keep us cool!! There were a lot of passengers with bad coughs etc., that second week and I was in and out of the shop on board most of that week, buying Cold Flu remedies, Cough medicine and Paracetamol to try to avoid needing airline reservations online the Medical Centre, as we were told even to see the doctor airline reservations online would cost us £30. Eventually of course I too became ill with flu like symptoms, which is why I am only now able to send you our views!! airline reservations online My husband has been to see our doctor and was told he has a viral chest infection, caused by the Air Conditioning. This holiday has cost us almost £4,000, which is a 1/5th of my husband's annual salary. At these prices - having worked hard all year and looked forward so much to our holiday – we don’t expect to come back feeling worse than before we went!! We are seeking compensation for this Holiday from Hell and eagerly await your reply. We received a reply last week (21/05/14), offering us £500 compensation. We don't consider this enough and we will be asking for more. What annoys me most about the disaster of our holiday is the fact that they didn't sanitize our cabin, this led to my husband being even more ill the second airline reservations online week!!!
We booked with Thomson Cruises to travel during February 20014 and were really excited at the prospect to be traveling on the Celebration. It turned airline reservations online out to be the worst holiday that we have ever had. My partner became very unwell mid way through the trip and was kept in the intensive care unit on the ship. When we arrived ashore we were transferred directly to a local hospital where we were accompanied by the ship's welfare officer, she advised that her role was to support us through the process until the ship sailed. airline reservations online We found her to be brash and not compassionate. She immediately advised me that we were unlikely to be passed fit for travel, on being told that we definitely had to stay I began to cry, this was a very daunting prospect as I didn't speak the language and found the health care system unfamiliar. Her response to this was come on, you knew this was going to happen . I suppose it had some benefit, I realized that we were there alone and I would have to support my partner. Before this happened I was told that I would have to pay the ships medical fees of approx £3700, I was astounded by this as we had shown our insurance documents on board the ship and at the hospital, we were told by the ship staff in the medical center that they would not make contact as it would be night in the UK and the company would be closed. If I hadn't been so worried airline reservations online about my partner I probably airline reservations online would have noticed myself that there was a 24 hour phone number clearly printed along the top of the documents. airline reservations online While in the hospital I advised the welfare officer that we would not be able to cover the costs and they would need to approach the insurance company. We had been assigned a local agent (not employed by Thomson) but found him unreliable and had an agenda of supporting his local friend’s business. He didn’t turn up when he was meant to and was of very little use to us. I was taken back to the ships to collect our belongings four hour before it sailed, the welfare officer arranged to meet me at reception 1 hour later. The welfare officer advised me that they had attempted to debit the medical fees from my partners airline reservations online account but it had been declined, as I had advised her it would be. After struggling to reception with our bags I was met by the welfare officer, the purser, airline reservations online the local representative (along with his boss), and several other members of staff milled around us. At this point, airline reservations online despite seeing our insurance documents several times, I was told that I would have to pay the medical fees as I disembarked, I didn’t feel like it was an option not to pay, again I advised that we didn’t have the money available, I was then told that I should find someone that would cover the costs, airline reservations online again I advised that we didn’t have the funds available. airline reservations online At this point I was asked to sign a document stating airline reservations online that I would cover the costs within the next 10 days so that I could disembark to rejoin airline reservations online my partner. We were stranded in Morocco for 11 days, 3 of which we were in hospital. Mr partner had problems airline reservations online with his heart and was extremely fatigued after discharge. The local Thomson reps came to our rescue, they supported us to find accommodation airline reservations online at their local complex and supporting us in gaining the documents we needed from the hospital. When we asked for help we felt that nothing was too much. We tried to rest while we were stranded, this was very difficult as we had ongoing battles with the insurance company for information and support. However if this was not enough, we found that Thomson had deducted the sum of the medical fees from my partners account in smaller amounts leaving him very overdrawn. When we discussed this with the bank, they advised that there is a ceiling limit to which the company could withdraw without our approval and by breaking the costs down they had been able to take the funds. Several months on I am still in shock at how badly we were treated. We have sent a formal complain airline reservations online to Thomson to which they have replied, it has skipped over all of the issues and advised that problems are often found with the local staff. We had no problems with the local staff of Agadir, they were outstanding, we also found the h

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий