среда, 25 июня 2014 г.

One question, my husband loves wine and would be over the moon with the menu but dislikes champagne.


You can’t reserve a table for this meal online, and you won’t find it mentioned cruise ship photos celebrity infinity in the Daily Navigator. Since a mere 40 spots are available for this special lunch, it’s advertised only to concierge guests and those who have dinner at Remy, but anyone is welcome to reserve a table.
I’d read rumors online of this new meal at Remy so when I boarded the Fantasy for a Western Caribbean cruise in June, I stopped by the restaurant to ask if the champagne lunch would be served during my voyage.
I learned that Remy began serving the lunch in May, and on the Western cruises, it is held only on the second sea day. Dress at lunch is more relaxed than dinner at Remy: men are not required to wear jackets or ties; shorts and flip flops are prohibited, but anything else seemed permissible.
I’ve spent most of my adult life as a vegetarian cruise ship photos celebrity infinity so I have to admit that a mound of meat on a plate did not look appetizing, but I’d decided to try each of these courses, and I’m so glad I did. The Pata Negra was one of the most delicious foods I’ve ever eaten, and my dining companions and I are still talking about it weeks later.
I’ve heard that a dinner at Remy can last several hours, but because the lunch is a set menu, the food service began immediately and courses were presented within quick succession of each other. The entire meal took about an hour and a half.
If you’re a vegetarian or have special dietary requests, I recommend that you mention your food preferences when you make your reservation. Our server assured me that those with special dietary needs could be accommodated at this champagne cruise ship photos celebrity infinity lunch.
Gnocchi can sometimes be heavy and dense, cruise ship photos celebrity infinity but this one was so light and pillowy, and it was topped with a lovely, foamy sauce. The rich flavor of the gnocchi paired perfectly with the slightly sweet champagne, and this course was one of my favorites.
The portion cruise ship photos celebrity infinity size of these first two courses cruise ship photos celebrity infinity was quite tiny, and the men at the table started wondering if they would need to head to the Cabanas buffet after our meal at Remy. However, the next three courses were more ample, and no one left Remy hungry.
The fish was perched over an egg mixture and was topped cruise ship photos celebrity infinity with leeks. Everyone at the table seemed cruise ship photos celebrity infinity to agree that while this course was good, it was our least favorite of the meal. This dish lacked cruise ship photos celebrity infinity the flavor of the prior courses, and I didn’t care for the texture of egg mixture under the fish.
Turnips are not a vegetable I eat often, but the cute cylinder presentation of these turnips led me to taste one of them even before trying the pork, and they were delicious – sweet with a mild earthy flavor. The dry champagne complemented the mild sweetness of this dish.
The champagne was served over ice, and the cold champagne was such a wonderful contrast to the spicy heat of the chocolate sauce. Ms. Manners wouldn’t approve, but I had to tilt my bowl and scrape up every bit of that sauce with my spoon – it was that good!
At $50 per person including the champagne pairings, I thought lunch at Remy’s was a bargain! You’d pay much more than that just for the champagne alone on board the ship. This meal was a highlight of our Fantasy cruise and definitely convinced us to return to Remy for dinner on our next cruise.
Tagged: Champagne Lunch champagne pairings disney cruise line Disney Dream disney cruise ship photos celebrity infinity fantasy Duo Chocolate Gascogne Pork Loin Gnocchi Chili Lobster Cannelloni Pata Negra Remy Sea Bass Tattinger Prestige Rose
One question, my husband loves wine and would be over the moon with the menu but dislikes champagne. cruise ship photos celebrity infinity Would he be able to join me but drink wine or would he just have to pass his champagne over (to me!) and drink water?
Every picture here has made me salivate, cruise ship photos celebrity infinity but especially the caviar and the beautifully muscled forearm of your server! And I must add that I do believe the fish was perched to be one of the greatest puns I have EVER encountered! Bravo!
This looks fantastic! Do you know if there might be a reduced price for people who don t drink alcohol? It seems strange to go to a champagne lunch and not drink champagne or any wine, but I d love to try the food.
Anne Campbell, I have that same question. I have some friends who went to Remy for dinner cruise ship photos celebrity infinity (at my recommendation) on their cruise in April. They said that some of the staff actually seemed put off that they didn t drink wine/alcohol. I m seriously considering booking either this lunch or a dinner for my next cruise on the Dream in November and making it very clear before that I have a dietary restriction on alcohol and see what happens.
Remy has changed cruise ship photos celebrity infinity the pricing structure recently. The champagne pairings are no longer included. There is an additional $25 charge for the pairings. cruise ship photos celebrity infinity Trying to decide if it s worth it for our upcoming cruise.
My wife and I were on the Fantasy in October. This was our fourth Disney cruise and first on the Fantasy. We tried to get the brunch at Remy’s cruise ship photos celebrity infinity but it fills quick; I could only manage the brunch at Palo’s, which as usual was fantastic. We did, however, have dinner at Remy’s and were somewhat disappointed. I see above some of the comments about the wine. Well, we were given an appointment with the sommelier, AKA “the wine guy” who, surprise, surprise, was French. We had to meet with him a few hours before the meal. Having been to France many times, I savor the wines and food, and I even knew of this particular chef; we were looking cruise ship photos celebrity infinity forward to the evening. Disney sort of listened to people-without-children and added a second adult-only restaurant. Since so many parents now bring their toddlers and infants to the late dinner seating, cruise ship photos celebrity infinity it has in recent years, at least in our experience, created a loud and very unpleasant environment during the rotational dining. Towards cruise ship photos celebrity infinity the end of the seven-day cruise we simply ordered room service or ate at the buffet restaurant. We like kids, but screaming infants and miserable toddlers surrounded us to the point where we exercised whatever options were available. cruise ship photos celebrity infinity After this trip we are probably done with Disney cruises. Wonderful ships, but if you can’t even have a conversation with your table-mates or otherwise have to talk over screaming kids, even at the late seating, then it’s time to look at other cruise lines. Anyway, for the Remy dinner cruise ship photos celebrity infinity we went with the wine pairing and in the end, wish we had not. For $25.00 a glass (four in total per person) we received a small portion of wine with a lecture cruise ship photos celebrity infinity about the region and vineyard cruise ship photos celebrity infinity it came from. And adding insult to injury, there was no wine pairing cruise ship photos celebrity infinity with the cheese course. France. Wine and cheese. cruise ship photos celebrity infinity Right? While I wasn’t there to get blitzed, far from it, I did want to enjoy a glass of wine with each course, and not what appeared to be little much more than samplings. The wine pairing was $200.00 and with the cost of $75.00 a person, etc, the total bill was over $400.00 for dinner. The service was good, of course, the food…it was OK though the portions seemed particularly tiny. I love fine dining, having spent many incredible evenings at Victoria Albert’s at the Grand Floridian, but when I left Remy’s cruise ship photos celebrity infinity I seriously considered going to the top deck buffet. But back to the wine, seriously, get a bottle of wine and skip the wine guy. For $200.00 you could manage a decent bottle and enjoy a romantic evening (the atmosphere is terrific) free of the constant interruptions that went with a splash of wine and a lecture.
Recent Comments Joanne cruise ship photos celebrity infinity on Snack Series: Chocolate Covered Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake cruise ship photos celebrity infinity at Walt Disney World Dan on Snack Series: Chocolate Covered Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake at Walt Disney World autumn on Snack Series: Chocolate Covered Frozen Strawberry cruise ship photos celebrity infinity Cheesecake at Walt Disney World Toni on Snack Series: Chocolate Covered Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake at Walt Disney World Payton on Review: Pizza Planet at Disney s Hollywood Studios cruise ship photos celebrity infinity More Recent Comments
Disney Food Blog does not claim to represent the Walt Disney Company in any way and is not employed cruise ship photos celebrity infinity by or affiliated with The Walt Disney Company . For official Disney information, cruise ship photos celebrity infinity visit Disney directly .

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий