воскресенье, 23 сентября 2012 г.

To tell me to call back and speak to the person in the escalation and exec level. Only to play with


As I have preached for years, the essential disruptor of the web is horizontal connectivity. It guts institutional authority, because we can talk back AND to each other. Media, of course, is a visible example cheap last minute airline fares of this, but it s impacting everything. I ve often quoted cheap last minute airline fares Rishad Tobaccowala s wonderful cheap last minute airline fares 2004 saying, We have entered an empowered era in which humans are God, because technology allows them to be godlike. How will you engage God?
A few months ago, my youngest daughter moved back to Huntsville, so we rented a Budget truck to move her things. cheap last minute airline fares On the way back, we got off the main road to get a bite and took a wrong turn getting back on the interstate. It was dark and the truck went under an old railroad bridge, putting two tears in the roof of the truck. I was unconcerned, because I had purchased the top end insurance.
I need to say here that at no time during the rental process was I told that the overhead wasn t covered cheap last minute airline fares by insurance. When I brought the damaged truck back, the proprietor (a super nice guy named Chris) said, It s a good thing you bought the insurance, because I would have ruined your day otherwise. That is an exact quote. Not even a paraphrase. (Remember, I m a professional observer.)
A month later, I got a bill from Budget for over $1,000. cheap last minute airline fares A phone call later, and I was directed to a paragraph cheap last minute airline fares in the rental contract — what I would call fine print — stating that overhead damage wasn t covered. Beneath this paragraph is my signature.
Despite what the proprietor of the rental franchise might say to the contrary, I was completely unaware that the top end insurance I bought didn t cover the overhead. This was further evidenced by the comments of the guy when I returned the truck. Even he didn t think I was liable, or he would have said something. In my discussions with the claims department, I was told that the proprietor said he tells EVERYONE who buys the insurance that overhead damage isn t covered. That is simply untrue.
I have an issue with insurance on a rental truck that doesn t cover the overhead. WTF? If it s such a high potential for liability, then charge me more for the insurance, but don t put me on the road without coverage.
I have issues with the way this has been handled cheap last minute airline fares by Budget. I wrote a letter to the CEO and copied those who might care, including their public relations people. The CEO turned it over to the manager of claims, who called and offered to deduct the administrative fees but still expected I pay $940. That man insisted that the paragraph above my signature wasn t fine print. Yeah, right. Judge for yourselves. Fine or not, it s buried there, folks. Sign here. Intitial there. You know the drill.
The manager seemed cheap last minute airline fares to take great joy in reminding me that it was my responsibility to read everything before I sign. Okay, duh! But if you re going to toss caveat emptor in my face, then permit me toss caveat venditor in yours. Let the seller beware. Why? Because I am not entirely powerless here, and I think that what has happened to me is wrong, not only from a business perspective but also from a moral one.
As I told the CEO of Budget in my letter, I will never again rent from his company or its affiliates. I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars with Budget over my many years, and the company would rather squeeze me for a grand over this than take into consideration all of that former business. Fair enough.
The claims manager said he couldn t understand why I wouldn cheap last minute airline fares t take responsibility for what I had done, and that s the convenient response of someone who s got you by the short and curlys. Why doesn t Budget take responsibility cheap last minute airline fares for deceiving me not only when I rented the truck but also when I brought it back damaged?
In the end, I ll have to pay the $940, because our culture says I have no choice. Don t rent to lists have unintended consequences, that I don t need, so all I can do is to tell my friends that there are choices beyond Budget when it comes to renting trucks and choices beyond Avis (same company) when it comes to renting cheap last minute airline fares cars.
I m sorry to read that you re being slammed with this unexpected bill. And it does seem odd that one of the likely causes of damage is not covered by the supplemental insurance you purchased. cheap last minute airline fares But any time you sign a contract, you have to read it first. I m not a lawyer, but I ve watched cheap last minute airline fares enough episodes cheap last minute airline fares of The People s Court to know it s not what they said (or didn t say) that matters, but what is written, and what you signed.
Also, the fact that they have you initial a passage is probably there because of some previous case in which it was determined that, yes, that particular language *was* kind of buried. So now they make you add initials to affirm that you have read it and agree with it.
I worked in insurance for 12 years, and a well-known legal principle in insurance is that of the contract of adhesion. It s well-known cheap last minute airline fares because it usually burns insurance companies. The principle of the contract of adhesion means that questionable areas in an insurance contract are usually resolved in favor of the party that did not write the contract, because the company could have phrased its provisions however they wanted. Take this case to a lawyer experienced in dealing with auto insurance and see what he/she says in my non-legal but insurance-professional opinion, you may have standing here.
I can totally relate to you. Budget/Avis has totally inconvenienced, caused me to screw up my daily agenda, lost time, money, situation, appts that was crucial and extremely inportant in the last 3 months.
I have got the W O R S E possible customer service with the nasty, rude, arrogant, offensive, insult abnoxious tones, behaviors and attitudes. To think that I was a good preferred customer for 10 years and stopped using them, because I didn t need them and come back after all that time to get what I have been getting and not be able to email the ceo, the vp of operations cheap last minute airline fares to tell in details all that I have been through. All the aggravation, the repitiion, cheap last minute airline fares the jerking me in every direction cheap last minute airline fares but where I should have been.
To tell me to call back and speak to the person in the escalation and exec level. Only to play with my head and never be there and play telephone tag. Only to try and reach someone cheap last minute airline fares that I need to speak to because I lost there email and phone. So I call someone who would have it only to promised cheap last minute airline fares me he would call me back in 10 minutes and never did. Only to go through more bullshit and get security to have someone call me back promising me he would fix the problem, on monday and to call this asshole back, and took my time debating wether I would; and playing telephone tag. Now, I am calling numbers at random with the hopes I get some jerkoff email of the ceo so I can finally tell all my problems that I have encountered.
I know so many inportant people in social groups, cheap last minute airline fares org s, businesses, media, political. That when I am finished cheap last minute airline fares embarrassing, humilating and bad mouthing. Not even a fly will want to do any business with Budget/Avis group. With the people that I know that work for the ewspaper, the tv news stations and so on. They are going to be so sorry they got me started.
Anyone rents a car trash it under a false name so you don t get caught. You can not imagine the magnitude of my disgust and frustration. I have never had this happen to me with anyone ever in all the history that I have rented cars or do any business anywhere.
To Veronica, Stephanie, Kevin Stanley and the west palm beach location. To gregory stevens and all the other assholes that pumped me up. Just remember one thing. cheap last minute airline fares That when we tell people not to use your service, they tell 10 others and in manifests like a germ, plaque, virus. You may have a job today, but here is no promise of it tommorrow. You will reap alomg with your children all the bad seed you sow. By god!!! He sees, knows, cheap last minute airline fares hears, and watches all the ugly things that you do to his people.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий