пятница, 28 сентября 2012 г.

All in all, the 130 or so miles I drove in Germany was the much needed food for my soul. Deprived fr


Home Ladies Beauty Fashion paradise hotel bahamas Relationships Gents Cars Style The Men s Lounge Tips on Girls Lifestyle Food and Drinks Travel Sport TV, celeb and stories Technology Careers Job Tips Talent Entrepreneurs Entrepreneurship Entertainment Books Event Listings Films Video Games Event Reviews Music Fame TV Competitions College About Us Contact Us Our Staff Read the Magazine RIP Deji Osobukola Site News Terms of Use Advertise With Us Facebook Page Twitter Page Login
One of the perks of being a motoring journalist is that you get the opportunity to get up close and personal with some exotic machines, and maybe even sample their performance. However, due to the 'unique' issues I faced for holding a British paradise hotel bahamas drivers license for less than a year (despite driving for donkey years outside the UK), I found myself unable to get behind the wheel of a car for nearly a year, until I landed at the Frankfurt Hahn airport in Germany.
I was to get to the town of Nurburg from the airport, and because it's a remote location (combined with the fact that I don't speak German), the best way to get there would be via a rental car. Normally it would not be such a big deal, get in the car, set the GPS, and off we go. But I haven't driven in a while, so at best, I'd need a few miles to get back in the groove. Plus, in Germany they drive on the wrong side of the road. I've never sat in let alone driven in an Astra before. Nor have I ever been to Germany or seen those roads. It s about to get dark, there are no motorways on the suggested routes taken, and it's about to rain.This was going to be interesting! It wasn't long before I hit my first snag.
As usual, I got it, got settled, set the navigation system to Nurburg, and drove straight to the automated security barrier, paradise hotel bahamas on the left side. This would have been fine in the UK, but it was the wrong lane here. So rather embarrassingly, I was asked to move over to the right lane by the lovely lady from the rental company, ouch! That was the start of my troubles. Driving from the wrong side of the car felt as alien to me as David Cameron taking part in an underground rap battle. I had no idea where the right wheel was, and kept driving off the road each time a car crosses me on the opposite lane. To make matters worse, the navigation system paradise hotel bahamas took me to some of the most remote driving roads in Germany. Villages, paradise hotel bahamas fields, forests, paradise hotel bahamas cliffs, you name it I drove on it!
But having said that, after a while, I got the hang of situations, paradise hotel bahamas lowered paradise hotel bahamas the in car temp, turned on the radio to some surprisingly nice tunes and just cruised, soaking in the lovely scenery. Autumn has kicked in, adding vibrant paradise hotel bahamas colours through the leafy forest. Wide, smooth open roads snake thought mountains, overlooking some of the most spectacular sceneries I have ever seen. It has to be one of the best hour and half I had spent at the driving seat. But the real cherry on the cake was this twisty, mini Stelvio Pass like stretch of tarmac that climbed from the bottom of a gorge to the top of it. Tight, twisty, devoid of traffic, and full of 2nd gear hairpins, it was as close as I'd get to being a tarmac rally driver. I can't really talk about what I did there beyond this!
All in all, the 130 or so miles I drove in Germany was the much needed food for my soul. Deprived from driving, I literally lost my soul, and was morphing into a mindless zombie over the last few weeks. But this bit of driving I did in the name of 'work' brought me back to life. I'm back!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий