вторник, 23 октября 2012 г.

This dress made from crime scene tape and torn tablecloths is a reminder of the toxic chemicals in t


A couple months back I was traveling to Fresno, California for a job interview.  While I walked around concourse E waiting to board my flight, I noticed these beautiful and neatly constructed figures installed in huge glass casings.  Without giving a second thought to the people who rushed around telephone number for delta airlines reservations me, I calmly navigated through droves of travelers  to take a nice long gander at what stood inside each capsule.  It wasn t until after I returned from my trip that I was able to capture  a few photos telephone number for delta airlines reservations of the extraordinary telephone number for delta airlines reservations display of eco-trash couture .  Each garment was inspired by current environmental issues.  The 21-piece exhibition was designed by artist and environmentalist Nancy Judd; she calls it, The Recycle telephone number for delta airlines reservations Runway.
This dress made from crime scene tape and torn tablecloths is a reminder of the toxic chemicals in the air and food that threaten our health.  Scientists who have compiled telephone number for delta airlines reservations the research have determined that we carry over 700 contaminants inside our body.  Judd encourages better eating telephone number for delta airlines reservations and living habits to reduce our bodies from becoming the subject of a crime scene.
This beautiful work of art made from old cereal boxes has 5,000 contributors.  Each of its ruffles has a personal pledge from one person who plans to live a more eco-friendly lifestyle.  Some of the vowed commitments included driving less, eating organic and recycling everything they use.
This was made from the inner tubes of old bicycle wheels, car tires and torn hotel sheets.   Judd was moved by the high levels of CO2 emitted by cars.  She suggests bicycling as a primary means of travel instead of driving.
During one of her youth presentations, telephone number for delta airlines reservations Ms. Judd asked the children telephone number for delta airlines reservations to write down what they would do to save the environment.  Each child was given a slip of office paper to write their pledge.  The pledges were later strung onto this beautiful vintage style dress made from the hotel sheets of the historic La Fonda Hotel in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
As I stated before, I love everything that inspires fashion.  I definitely commend Judd for her beautiful line of recycled materials.  It inspires me to continue doing what I do because within the work there is a message that we all can learn and benefit from.
As a little girl with a sewing needle and a doll, I knew I had a high aptitude for fashion and design. telephone number for delta airlines reservations All of my life I have been acknowledged for my personal style choices. Now that I have followed my path to self-discovery, my desire to be recognized in fashion has blossomed.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий