вторник, 22 января 2013 г.

We were at the hotel over Christmas and it was nicely decorated for the holidays.  I notice they had


Armed with my ever-present cameras, I document my life adventures around the globe through photography. My passion for learning, journeys near far, wine, marathons my 2 Vizslas are shared through discount codes for enterprise car rental pictures and stories. Home
Hmpf not sure why all these photos came in a bit small for the blog, but I m going with it since I ve got TONS of photos discount codes for enterprise car rental of the Hilton Waikoloa Village for my review. discount codes for enterprise car rental These are all sorts of out of order, but it s difficult to re-arrange them without a mouse would take me forever. So here goes
I ts a really beautiful discount codes for enterprise car rental area, with one of the lunch/snack restaurants nearby discount codes for enterprise car rental that offered sushi, pizza, and ice cream.  The water in the pool was a bit chilly, but it was fine once you got in and started moving around.
The Big Island of Hawaii is the newest island and has the  most volcanic activity.  Thus, most of the island is covered in somewhat recent lava flow fields.  It s incredibly stark and eerie looking to look over these fast black boulder fields that look like the surface of Mars.  I went for a short jog one morning decided to go on the beach access path down the water through a lava field.
Back to the hotel- it s really incredible.  I read tons of reviews knew what to expect going into the resort- mainly that it would be huge and expensive. I wasn t really prepared for how beautiful the grounds would be or all the incredible art that adorns the expansive property.  Everywhere you turned, there were some amazing sculpture, paintings, and more that made all the long walks very enjoyable and at entertaining.
We generally cut through the garden area from the Ocean Tower as it was scenic nice to be outside walking along the water enjoying the view.  There were incredible scupltures everywhere amid the beautiful landscaping.  There is an interior hall that is a walkway from the main building to the various tower and it had a mind-blowing collection of art,mostly from Asia, that I always felt like we were walking through a museum and I was so thankful that the hotel had curated a fantastic collection
Since we were still a bit on central time the sunrises discount codes for enterprise car rental were around 6:45, I was lucky enough to wake up most days and catch a beautiful sunrise right on our balcony.  We stayed in the Ocean town it was worth the walk to be away from the kids and have balconies with great views of the pools and lagoon.
We were at the hotel over Christmas and it was nicely decorated for the holidays.  I notice they had Santa out for photos with the kids one evening, but otherwise this is the  main lobby to check-in and disperse to the towers.
The train was slow, but still necessary in my opinion.  I really appreciated it on days where my feet were tired from walking or it was late in the evening.  There are kiosks at each stop/station to tell you when the next one is arriving, so I found those to be helpful when judging if we should walk it (about 15 min) to the Ocean town or wait on the train.
Several beautiful parrots came out each day to enjoy their trees had handlers that would let you interact with them.  The other thing on the property is the dolphin adventure.  I adore dolphins I imagine any parent with kids gets stuck paying for a swim with the dolphins at some point.  They were beautiful to just watch it was fun to see them interacting with people throughout the day.
On to my favorite thing the lagoon!  It was a huge expansive pond area open to the bay/ocean where tons of fish and turtles swam all around. The lagoon was filled everyday with families and kids, but it never seemed very crowded.  From the huge waterfall on one end near the bottom of the Grand Staircase it wrapped all around the property and below several bridges along the walking path.
They had a little sandy beach since the actual beach area was all rocks not swimmable at all. They had all sorts of fun things you could rent to get around checkout all the marine life- snorkel gear, paddle boats  kayaks, and stand up paddle boards.
The water was crystal clear I m really kicking myself that we didn t make time at least on one day to get into the lagoon swim around discount codes for enterprise car rental or try standup paddle boarding.  We were just never there during the  middle (warm part) of the day.
This is the second main tower I can t remember the name, but it was near the Chinese Italian restaurants.  It was set pretty far up a hill and back away from the water s edge on the far side of the boat train paths.
This is an idea of the path along the water s edge going back towards the Ocean towers. discount codes for enterprise car rental  I didn t really mind the walk appreciated the distance from the louder part of the resort.  We were just good about leaving plenty of time for the trek when we d leave our room always remembered to take everything we d want with us.  It was a bit inconvenient at times, but I can appreciate the trade-offs that the layout offered at the resort.
There was tons of wildlife all around the property one of the really big complaints I d read about were the birds.  The tiny little birds (not that guy above) seemed to be swarming in groups would hide in the trees, especially on the inner circles discount codes for enterprise car rental of the ocean tower.  They would make a TON of noise at various times (often early in the  morning), and we could hear them from our room.  Were they loud enough to be totally discount codes for enterprise car rental obnoxious or wake us up? No, but if you are a light sleeper I can see how it  might be a problem.
This is the little Cantina bar inside the Ocean tower- it was open nice early and had pretty decent food for a Mexican food place in Hawaii.  It was right near the end of the train I also appreciated having a place nearby our room to grab a snack.
I m amazed that hubby had never had a Mai Tai before!  So that was our first order of business discount codes for enterprise car rental after waking up on Sunday as we started watching the NFL games that were going on back at the mainland.  I did really discount codes for enterprise car rental appreciate the fact that there was a small store with snacks and other necessities in our tower so a walk back to the main lobby wasn t required if you needed something small.
Just another shot of the kid pool the suspension bridge across it.  I will say I was very disappointed in the adult pool- it was just a hole with water slapped down in concrete inside the Ocean Tower without any real landscaping or a view of anything. It totally lacked charm and there was never anybody there.
A few from across the open lagoon area back towards the Ocean tower.  They had a lovely lawn and trail that walked around the point there were tons of chairs set out to lounge around and enjoy the view. I have no idea if there was a charge for them or if there was drink service out to them.
These were the cabana chairs near the kid pool facing out towards the ocean, but you had to pay to rent them.  They were mostly empty the whole time we were there- most people facing the sun the other direction towards the pool.
We stayed on Hilton points discount codes for enterprise car rental I was lucky enough to get an upgrade because of my Hilton status.  I d originally asked about paying for the guaranteed upgrade but it was several hundred dollars per night I was going to hope we got lucky with our upgrade.  The tower next to us appeared different discount codes for enterprise car rental (nicer?) than ours when I caught a glimpse into the rooms- maybe they were condos or something?   But our water view was really nice because just below us was a waterfall and it provided a quiet, soothing noise all the time I spent out on the balcony.
discount codes for enterprise car rental Christmas Eve, we decided to try the Kamuela Provision Company (KPC) since I insisted on watching the sunset and wanted to be near the water. We were lucky enough to get one of the table right along the edge of the wall were treated discount codes for enterprise car rental to a very tasty dinner.
Every night they have a  gentleman that runs from one end of the property to the other lighting all the tiki torches which provided a nice atmosphere during the evenings, discount codes for enterprise car rental especially if you choose to walk back to your room.
We started off with the seafood sampler and it was delicious!  Generally, we prefer to get off the resort explore whatever locale we ve come to visit.   We didn t stick around discount codes for enterprise car rental the hotel too much, but I can see that it would be a great place to come with kids never have to leave the property.
I did really like the Hilton overall.  It wasn t probably the type of resort I d pick for us on a vacation, but I could really appreciate the incredible attention to planning with both families and all the art as well as the majestic location.
Wow! What a stunning place for a vacation. Thanks for sharing all your pics. My favorite was the one with the palm trees against the sky. (The ninth one down.) discount codes for enterprise car rental It sure looks like you had a great time.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий