понедельник, 29 апреля 2013 г.

That s not to say it wasn t without fun. I got off the plane on Sunday afternoon and cabbed it strai


As I continue to watch the Boston stakeout unfold live on TV, it feels weird to be blogging, so I just want to say: Boston, we love you. Stay safe. Get that motherlover behind bars before anyone else is hurt.
Now. Back to my week, which has been hectic and I m definitely in full-on, pre-trip panic mode as I try to get my various businesses sorted before leaving on Tuesday for two months . Yowza. Part of that is because I returned early this morning from the Big Apple, after five days of nonstop meetings and very little sleep.
That s not to say it wasn t without fun. I got off the plane on Sunday afternoon and cabbed it straight to the Village, where I met my bestie Lemon for wedding dress scouting. I m her maid OK, technically matron, ugh of honor and was so happy I could be there when she found The Dress at Wedding Atelier . I m not going to post a photo of it, obviously, but let s just say Hadley, six-week-old online hotel reservations montreal daughter of my friends Matt and Stacey, was impressed.
Then, Lemon and I went to meet Katy for aerial yoga, something I ve been wanting to try for ages. It was every bit as fun as it sounds, online hotel reservations montreal and it felt far more beneficial in terms of stretching and strength-training than your average vinyasa class. I ll definitely be back at OMFactory on my next visit (classes are $20 each unless you buy a package). Read Lemon s more detailed recap of the class here .
Monday was all meetings. My business partner Stefanie flew in to meet me, and we camped out at the Waldorf-Astoria for a few nights. Stef even managed to talk the front desk into giving us an adjoining suite on the 26th floor. Girlfriend doesn t mess around.
Truth? I know the hotel is a New York icon; however, I found the hotel pretty tired and in need of a serious upgrade but man were those beds comfy. (And Fareed Zakaria online hotel reservations montreal was there, whose office I worked outside of at my very first magazine gig at Newsweek !)
That night, I found myself in Tribeca hanging out with my girl Aly and the wonderful Andrew Evans , who could not be a nicer person if he tried. Being in his presence meant that we were also with the National Geographic team, each of whom was delightful, as well.
The next day was full of meetings, meetings and more meetings through Canada Media Marketplace . I was exhausted by the end of the day, but managed to sneak away to finish up a Glamour assignment then high-tail it down to the Bowery Hotel to meet Stef, two of her friends and Tilda Swinton. (True story.) Then we spent a couple hours with my beloved Josh , Semester at Sea boss and one of my dearest, and his extraordinary fiance Kurt in their amazing West Village apartment.
On Wednesday, Stef and I had more meetings and then she flew back to LAX, while I went to brunch with Lemon and her other MOH, Lauren, at my old haunt, Cornelia Street Cafe . We found our bridesmaid dresses and ordered her dress, then called it a wrap and headed to Bryant Park for cupcake sustenance.
That night, Lemon and I met her fiance, Katy, and my wedding ushers Ryan and Anthony in Chelsea Market for one of the best meals I ve had in NYC, ever ever, at Green Table . I don t feel it needs any words other than GO. The food was fantastic, and the dessert was some of the most insane sweets I ve tasted in my life. Make a reservation two weeks in advance as the place is tiny.
I continued my walk down nostalgia online hotel reservations montreal lane with a quick bite at Wichcraft in Bryant Park with Rick from Enrichment online hotel reservations montreal Voyages. I used to eat here every. single. day. when I worked a block away at Lucky and even ordered my standard ham, gruyere online hotel reservations montreal and pear. So yum!
Then, I hopped the subway to the Village to meet Annie Fitzsimmons , of whom I have been a longtime fan and who I want to come live in my house because she is just so much fun and we have absolutely everything in common. Annie is a freelance shark like me (only prettier) and most recently nabbed the honor of becoming Nat Geo s Urban Insider. (Her dog Rocco is just darling, and I think he liked me, too, ha!) I had so much fun with her, I lost track of time and missed my flight! Oops. Though I actually blame rush hour traffic it took me two hours to get to LaGuardia from Manhattan! and American Airlines stupidity (their system was down) over my lack of time-telling abilities.
All in all, an excellent trip. There were definitely friends I missed seeing this visit it happens when your entire industry is based within the confines of a three-mile-wide island on which you once lived but hopefully I ll see those friends when I m back in August. Now, I m off to soak up some quality time with SVV and Ella before I leave them next week
If you enjoyed this post, please recommend it through one of our social media icons to the left. This will enable us to grow our reach and continue bringing quality content on a frequent basis. Thanks for reading!
Wow, that was a busy, busy few days and I m just a wee bit jealous that you were hanging out with Andrew Evans! We stayed at the Waldorf Astoria once and I felt the same way about it so we haven t returned. Four trips to New York in recent years and four different hotels and I finally found one that I loved when we were there earlier this month. online hotel reservations montreal I m so looking forward to your upcoming trip good luck getting ready for it!
Eventually I ll get a review written! We stayed at the JW Marriott Essex House and I loved it! We had a spacious junior suite with a pull-out sofa that was lovely and modern. The hotel s location was perfect for us we were finally able to explore Central Park, we walked downtown to the Times Square area a few times, and it was practically next door to Carnegie Hall which was the reason we were in New York. I will definitely return to this hotel the next time that we are in New York!
OMG I need a coffee after reading that haha! But in truth when I go to NYC that s exactly how my time there looks as well. I have a million people to see and a million things to do. I wouldn t have it any other way!
And I thought my business trips were exhausting! I almost never work out on the road, and I ve fallen behind on blogging, while you re doing upside-down yoga and posting as usual. Teach me your secrets?
Whoa, what is this aerial yoga business? That looks so fun! I love that you followed up the class with milkshakes. I had two chocolate online hotel reservations montreal chip cookies after my workout today so obviously I need to step up my game.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий