вторник, 30 апреля 2013 г.

The Crazy Lobster Located on the Riverfront. We ran in to get out of the rain one afternoon and deci


We decided to go back to New Orleans to celebrate my 45th birthday. We had originally been in November, 2004 and haven t been back since. cheap car rental in europe The first time, we stayed at the Holiday Inn French Quarter on Royal Street, which was a good hotel in a fabulous location. I had every intention of booking that hotel again just because of the location, but when I went to Southwest Airlines Vacations to book, the hotel did not appear as an option. From January, when we started looking until March, when I actually booked, the hotel name had changed to the Wyndham, which I didn t realize that until later. So, we ended up booking the Bienville House on Decatur, which in hindsight I m glad we did as the location was just as good and was much nicer than the Holiday Inn. It was also $300 less than the Wyndham.
Bienville House Is the sister hotel to the Monteleon. I would have loved to have stayed there, but for the price, the Bienville House was just fine. Very cute hotel with lots of charm, history and architecture. I booked the second category room to ensure we got a room with windows. After seeing cheap car rental in europe the hotel, I should have paid the extra and got a room with the balcony overlooking the court yard. We were given room 358, which was street side directly across from the firehouse and right by the elevator. We didn t have any issues with street or elevator noise during our stay. Actually, we heard more from people talking in the hall as they passed our room, which was occasionally. The room was beautifully decorated with a 4 post king bed, desk, coffee cheap car rental in europe maker and armoire for the TV. A walk-in closet with safe and nice bath/shower combo. It would have been nice if they had put a small frig in the room. We arrived at 2:00pm and we were advised our room wasn t ready, so we dropped off our luggage and headed out to eat lunch. When we came back around 4:30pm, we checked right in and went up to our room. The offer a Continental breakfast in the morning between 7am and 10am, which consisted of coffee, juice, milk, pastries, sweet breads, cereal, yogurt and solid fruits. It is fine to get you started if you feel you have to have something right there. We only ate there one morning before an early tour. The staff we encountered was very nice and helpful. They always greeted us when we came into the lobby and was nice to take some picture for us. I would not hesitate to book this hotel again.
Felix s Oyster House We had intentions of going back to the Acme Oyster House, which we ate at twice our first trip. When we got there at 2:30pm, the line was way down the sidewalk. So, we took the advice of several posters and walked across the street to Felix s. This recommendation is spot on and no line to get in. The people standing in line at Acme are really missing out here. We had the best meal and also ate here twice. Back in 2004, I don t believe cheap car rental in europe there was anything like char-grilled oysters. Again, I took several people s recommendations and tried them. They are beyond cheap car rental in europe awesome. I will have a very hard time ever going back to just raw oysters on the half shell. We also had the fried catfish plate and pecan pie. Their pecan pie was the best we had anywhere. The sauce is just wonderful. With beer, the first trip was $68 + tip. The second trip we had just the char-grilled oysters and a club sandwich with pecan pie and beer. It was $58 + tip.
Bombay Club We ate there in 2004 and enjoyed it enough to go back. They have a band that starts at 9pm, so we made reservations for 8pm. However, the band started late at 9:30, so in hindsight I should have made the reservations later also. They set us at a table right in front of the band, which was great. I really didn t want to sit in one of the alcove tables. They have an extensive drink/martini list. We had the jalapeno margarita, cucumber martini and champagne cocktail. For dinner, we had the gumbo, Caesar salad, fried quail and grilled pork chop. Cr me Brulee for dessert. The absolute best cream brulee we have ever had. We actually had 2 servings a piece. Better than my favorites in Las Vegas and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. The fried quail was awesome. I could almost swear my father was in the kitchen making it, who makes the absolute best ever. It was that good. The pork chop was good, except the sauce they poured on top was questionable and not necessary. We enjoyed our meal and the band. With several drinks, cheap car rental in europe the price was $234 + tip.
La Pavilion Sunday Brunch We did the Commander s Palace Sunday Brunch last trip and it was OK. I had planned this trip to go back to CP for their .25 cent martini lunch, so we choose the La Pavilion mainly because they offer unlimited mimosas in the price. That hotel and their dining room are absolutely gorgeous. They had several buffet choices, an omelet/fried egg station, and dessert area. Their carrot cake was so good and we got our monies worth with the mimosas. $45.00 per person + tip.
Napol on House We stopped in for a quick lunch before our Restaurant Tour. We had a sandwich and Caesar salad, which were good. However, the French bread on the sandwich was a little too hard and crusty for me. There is a beautiful courtyard for dining in the back. Price was $37 + tip
Margaritaville Went for dinner just because I had to have the obligatory photos. We have been to every Margaretville in all the destinations that we ve been to where there was one. We had the jerk chicken, which was OK. The jerk chicken at the one in the Montego Bay airport was awesome and so far cannot be beat. We also had the key lime pie, which cannot compete with what we have gotten in Key West. I was disappointed that by the time we were through with dinner, their shop was closed. The Story Bar was smaller than the photos on-line and completely full. Price was $60 + tip.
Pier 424 Seafood Market - Located on Bourbon Street. We had dinner of fried mushrooms, cheap car rental in europe char-grilled oysters, shrimp skewers and pecan pie with 3 beers and 1 martini. It was all good especially the oysters. Their balcony dining area was hosting a private party, so we couldn t go up there. Price was $85 + tip.
Commander s Palace I chose their .25 cent martini lunch for my birthday. When I made the reservation on-line I noted it was my birthday and for seating in the Garden room. What I meant was the Garden/Patio area, so I was surprised when we headed upstairs. My mistake. The table was decorated with 3 balloons and they gave me a paper chef s hat that said Celebrate . We ordered their 3 course pre-fix menu of gumbo, grilled stuffed quail and chocolate souffl . I substituted the souffl for pecan pie. $32.00 per person. Total cost was $72 + tip. The .25 cent martinis included the Commander Palace, Melon, cheap car rental in europe Cosmo and Original. DH got 4 and I got 3. I could have sworn the quail had the breast portion removed and replaced with the stuffing. I just couldn t find it, only the legs and stuffing. The sauce on top of the quail was not great and not necessary. We had better pecan pie elsewhere. The service is impeccable though. How could it not when we had 3 waiters and a manger hovering over us. They were very nice in taking cheap car rental in europe several photos for us. However, I have to say CP is really over rated and over recommended. I really liked the food better when the CP was in Las Vegas. Too bad they closed that restaurant. It will not be on our return cheap car rental in europe list in the future. Antoine s offers at pre-fix .25 cent martini lunch, which is less expensive and easier to get to. We will try that next trip.
Arnaud s Bistro Had dinner after our bar hopping tour, which was still the day of my birthday. We were able to get right in. We were wearing shorts and tennie shoes, so I was hesitant that we were dressed appropriately, but in the Bistro section it was OK, just not the main dining room. Their food was really good and I m sorry, but it put CP s food to shame. We had the gumbo, shrimp bisque, almond crusted cheap car rental in europe white fish, cr me brulee and pecan pie. The pecan pie wasn t as good as others, but everything cheap car rental in europe else was excellent. cheap car rental in europe As part of the restaurant tour we did, we got to see all the dining rooms. Arnaud cheap car rental in europe s has the most beautiful dining cheap car rental in europe rooms I have ever seen. Just gorgeous. I was quite taken in by all the wonderful architecture. Price was $100 + tip.
The Crazy Lobster Located on the Riverfront. We ran in to get out of the rain one afternoon and decided to eat lunch. We both had the New Orleans special, which consisted of gumbo, Jambalaya and red beans with rice. The red beans and rice were good, but the others were just OK. Way too much rice from me on one plate. I decided I do not like jambalaya. Tasted like Spanish rice with bits of sausage in it. I have never liked Spanish rice to begin with. We were able to wait out the rain and be on our way. Price was $45 + tip.
Mr. B s Bistro Had dinner of salad, soup 1-1-1, which consisted of Gumbo Ya-Ya, Seafood Gumbo and pepper soup. The Gumbo Ya-Ya was the best gumbo of all the places we ve been to. We also had the bacon wrapped shrimp with grits and the bar-b-cue shrimp. The waiter asked me if I knew what I was getting into with the barbecue cheap car rental in europe shrimp, which comes with a mandatory cheap car rental in europe bib. It s a bowl of whole shrimp with the head, tail, shell and antenna s still attached in the yummiest broth I have ever tasted. I have a thing about food being intact like that and it was very, very, very messy, but the broth made it worth it. Chocolate cupcake with raspberry sauce for dessert. I could have lived without the raspberry sauce. DH didn t care for the grits. With 2 beers price was $120 + tip.
The Carousel Bar at the Monteleon We tried to go on Saturday night, but they were having an after party after a wedding reception and we couldn t even get in the door. We returned later in the week on a Wednesday night at around 7pm and it was still pretty crowded, but we did get a table for two. We had a round of drinks and about 15 minutes later 2 spots at the rotating bar opened up so we grabbed them and had 2 more drinks a piece. 3 beers and 3 crown a

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий