четверг, 20 марта 2014 г.

Hi, Sarah. Welcome to the bus! I agree that that travel is about the random moments and having new e


Random travel moments are often some of my favorite ones. They occur anywhere and at anytime and often involve people whom you met because you just happened travel edinburgh scotland to be somewhere in a given moment. There s usually a mini travel travel edinburgh scotland tale to tell, too.
Here s the first random travel moment I d like to share as part of my new series. Think of  it and others as quick stops on the Chicky Bus with you, the reader, as a rider or passenger, enjoying them.
I was in Sanliurfa travel edinburgh scotland Eastern Turkey waiting for a bus to a city called Mardin, close to the Syrian border. (I was with a friend who was browsing at a store across the street.) I was thirsty and needed water and so, I went into this little convenience food store to get some.
The man you see above, the owner (I think), was Kurdish. He liked my scarf, which I was wearing around my head the non-nomadic way. Turns out that it matched travel edinburgh scotland a dress he happened travel edinburgh scotland to have in the back room.
He went and got it and asked me to put it on (using gestures and Turkish, which I didn t understand.). He then gestured that he d like to take a photo. I was perplexed by all of this, of course, travel edinburgh scotland and didn t understand a word he was saying. For whatever reason, I had not learned a word of Turkish the entire month I was there.
I glanced over at the wall behind the counter and saw that he had a bunch of photos of himself travel edinburgh scotland and women posing with these types of dresses and scarves on. I started laughing and then, put the dress on over my clothes. He fixed my scarf and we got ready.
He called in his younger brother and had him take the photos. I then expected him to ask for my e-mail so that I could send the photo for him to hang on the way. He didn t. (Perhaps he saw that I was getting stressed out by what time it was; the bus was coming soon.) He just kept smiling and laughing and I suppose, flirting just a tiny bit.
The experience was great. I got my water, I killed some time and got a cool photo out of it. It was a fun way to say goodbye to a very interesting city, too one that was very Middle Eastern and didn t resemble Western Turkey at all.
Also, have you ever had someone spontaneously scarf you ie, put a hijab on your head anywhere? If so, please share below. Where were you? How did it happen? I d love to know that I m not the only one
How do you like the idea of quick stops on the bus ie, random travel moments like this one? Would you like to guess what s happening in the photo and where I took it and then I tell you later? Or would you rather that I simply tell you and ask if you ve had a similar type of moment as I ve done here?
Leslie Hi and sorry for the delay in responding to your comment. For some reason, it went into the spam pile. I just noticed it. Anyway, you guessed travel edinburgh scotland right; that s exactly how it happened! It was a strip mall of sorts that was near the station. Thanks!
travel edinburgh scotland Haha how random that you went in to get water and got accosted! But at least he wasn t trying to force you to buy the dress afterwards, that would ve been awkward and it s another funny story to add to your collection!
Hi, Julia. Crazy, right? LOL. I was glad there wasn t a sale behind it I was relieved that there was no room of carpets in the back. I had some crazy experiences with the carpet salesmen in Turkey, by the way. Still, it s one of my top 3 countries to visit would love to go back!
Hi, Erin yes, very random! You re into scarves? Cool. I m sure you ll get scarved then and maybe even carpeted. I m sure that some will try to sell you a carpet. Here s my tip for the Grand Bazaar: Pretend you have no peripheral vision and that you don t speak English. No joke.
Wow! Lisa you are too much fun. Love this idea for a series. travel edinburgh scotland Oh! And hell yes! I would have put on the dress and if time allowed, I d have asked to try out all the dresses he had and would have posed with various food items to up the hilarity level a bit. Kudos to you for being adventurous and having a sense of humor!
Howdy, Maria, and thanks glad you re digging the new series! You would have wanted to try on all the dresses and to pose with food? The Kurdish man would have been in heaven. In fact, I have a feeling he would have proposed. You sound like a really fun traveler, by the way!
Hola, Stephanie. Funny about my facial expression and 100% accurate! It was pretty wild because a) we were off the beaten path a bit and b) my friend, who spoke Turkish, was not there at that point. It was a unique experience that s for sure!
I just came across your blog and think this is an excellent idea. It s often the random travel edinburgh scotland travel moments that make the greatest stories! travel edinburgh scotland I think I would have agreed to be scarfed travel edinburgh scotland too, as travelling is all about trying out new things (however weird)
Hi, Sarah. Welcome to the bus! I agree that that travel is about the random moments and having new experiences. You would have been scarfed , too? Awesome! Next random moment should be up next week or the one after. Thanks for stopping by
Hi, Jarmo. I know what you mean re: people asking for money. that definitely entered my mind. And I was ready. If he d asked, I would have pointed to my water that I d just bought, as if to say, Hey I m your customer. Anyway, glad you enjoyed the random moment. More coming soon!
Mardin was really cool a bit challenging, however, since there wasn t much of an tourism infrastructure for low-budget and mid-range travelers when I was there. It was a $12-a-night place or one that was $200. I stayed in the cheap one and it was a bit crappy. Having said this, I did enjoy the town and the people. They were nice and the energy there was unique. Due to its proximity to Syria, etc, it felt (and looked) a lot more like the Middle East. I actually spoke Arabic travel edinburgh scotland there and was understood!
Can t say I ve ever been scarfed but I ll give it a try next time I m in Turkey. Which reminds me of a time we were in Turkey and got chatting with a couple at a bar. We all got on well so they asked us if we wanted travel edinburgh scotland to join them taking a boat to an island the next day. We did, we had a great time, smoked a lot of herb, had a beach fire, ran around and swam a lot and slept on the beach. Next day went back to mainland and parted ways. Great memory of a random 24 hours that wouldn t have happened had we not asked them for a lighter.
Hi, Josh. Sounds like you had a great time in Turkey a boat to an island sounds dreamy! And all because you asked for a lighter. I love when those types of things happen based on one random word, act, etc. So cool!
Hi, Sabina. How are you? Long time no chat. Thanks re: the scarf! It s one my favorites (and I have it with me now in Indonesia). Good Q re: Turkey and how clean it is. Depends on where you are. Some spots in the East were not that clean, but others were. Sort of inconsistent. I definitely recommend it and I have a feeling you d love the East given your interest in the Middle East!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий