понедельник, 24 марта 2014 г.

This is a quick business trip for me, but I'm taking my husband along, so was able to take advantage


Often the best deals on "travel packages'' are often the ones you put together yourself. Case in point: I just booked a late-March overnight in Vancouver, B.C. for two, including a room in a four-star hotel and round-trip transportation on Amtrak from Seattle for under $200, including taxes.
This is a quick business trip for me, but I'm taking my husband along, so was able to take advantage of a discount code (V530 ), provided earlier this year on coupons distributed by PCC Natural Markets, to book the two-for-one Amtrak tickets ($80 for two). The offer is good through April 30 on any Amtrak Cascades runs between Vancouver, B.C. and Eugene, Oregon.
Then I used Priceline.com to bid on a four-star hotel. Checking egypt tour reviews the website Bidding for Travel , I saw a few people reported snagging rooms for $76 at the downtown Marriott egypt tour reviews Pinnacle and the Renaissance Vancouver Harbourside . Both are excellent Marriott hotels in great locations in the heart of downtown Vancouver, so I knew I'd be satisfied with either. I put in a first bid of $76 (not sure why $75 wasn't cutting it) and scored a room at the Marriott for a total of $96.15, including taxes and fees. This compared to a rate of $189 (Canadian) or $170 in U.S. dollars , plus taxes, posted on the hotel's website for the same date.
Remember, the key successful bidding on Priceline is to 1) Pick your star level. 2) Pick the exact area of town where you want to stay- in my case, downtown. 3) Realize that once your bid is accepted, your credit card is charged and payments are nonrefundable.
Is there a catch? Just one - the cost of overnight parking at the Marriott - which I'll avoid because I'm taking the train! Public transportation on Vancouver's Sky Train and buses is efficient and inexpensive. I always use the Sky Train (There's a stop right across the street from the train station) to get to and from downtown and buses to get around. All the info on routes, tickets and day passes (convenient if you're doing a lot of touring) is at Trans Link .

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий