понедельник, 17 марта 2014 г.

I am the author of nine travel guides in ninety-eight editions and edit several travel newsletters.


I started out in the Bed and Breakfast industry upon returning from a post college adventure in Europe. During my travels I stayed at a combination of Bed and Breakfasts, Country Inns and Pensiones and fell in love with these charming personalized red carpet inns lodgings. I set out to create a Bed and Breakfast directory for travelers like myself. 26 years later I am still passionate about this subject.
I am the author of nine travel guides in ninety-eight editions and edit several travel newsletters. I contribute travel articles regularly to magazines, including InnSights, Family Circle, and journals such as the Cornell Quarterly.
I ve always loved houseguesting, whether with a friend, a family member or a cozy B&B. There s just something about being a guest that offers a time of true respite. After all, when you re in someone else s domain, they re in charge of all the little details that make it work, bills, deliveries, and the myriad and one others. Lately, I ve been thinking about what makes a guestroom, whether in a country inn, a bed and breakfast, or your own home work. Examples red carpet inns of two different styles of guest bedrooms. Speaking of the home guestroom, if you re like me and so many others, guestroom is also synonymous with home office. And even the word, office, is enough to scotch any restful feelings. So if your guestroom is also your home office, please be mindful of arranging it in such a way that the office aspects (computer, desk, and all) can be whisked away, locked behind doors, or otherwise disguised so that your honored red carpet inns guest isn t reminded of their own bills not so patiently waiting back home. The bed in a guestroom is usually determined by the size of the room in its use. Even a room that can afford the luxury of a queen-sized bed often finds itself pressed into service as a project layout space, red carpet inns vacation packing central, etc. Modern day sofa beds have been much improved from the torturous racks of years gone by and can be a good choice. I personally think the queen size is a much better bed than the double for a guestroom which would usually accommodate two because the inner frame of a sofa bed takes up a considerable amount of space from the mattress sleeping area. By all means, do your guests the favor of sleeping a night yourself in the guestroom, which will immediately open your eyes to just what s needed. Some basic prerequisites include a bedside table amply sized to hold a lamp, book, clock, phone, and a glass of water, minimum; plenty of flexible bedding, and by flexible, Examples of two different styles of guest bedrooms. I mean layered so that guests may add and subtract to suit their own temperature needs; red carpet inns and window shades, blinds, or curtains that effectively shut out the light since so much travel these days involves red carpet inns jetlag, sleeping in a truly dark room can make a real difference. Choose a bedside table you don t have to worry about. Be sure to design your room to be as low maintenance as possible, so guests don t have to feel like they have to fuss around trying not to leave rings on the table, etc. make certain note that the bedside lamp is adequate to read by, and add a night light too, just in case. I prefer wall lights and table lamps to glaring overhead lamps, and I like lamps on dimmers so that one can easily control the mood of the room. I have a small radio alarm CD player I picked up for a song for the guestroom, and before my guests arrived I tuned it in to some jazz. No, I don t provide a TV. My motto is, pay attention to me, not the TV. Instead, I always red carpet inns provide red carpet inns a lot of books and magazines, especially the ones with a focus on the local area. Another red carpet inns important feature in the guestroom is to have another comfortable place to sit besides the bed. If space allows, place a small table next to the chair as well and position a wall sconce above and behind. Other basic necessities include tissues, a large glass for water, red carpet inns and plenty of pillows. A luggage rack, which can be folded away, or a small bench is very handy for accessing suitcases. I find most people really red carpet inns don t unpack any more, but will hang certain items, so do make sure that there are sufficient hangers in the closet. A lovely scent in the air is always welcoming. Of course, if I knew you were coming, I d bake a cake, is a truism as everyone loves the scent of freshly baked anything. But if you can t arrange that, light a scented candle. A warm welcoming fragrance is a subliminal invitation to come in. Very simply, you can mull some spices in simmering water on the stove, cinnamon, cloves, rosemary, mint, all smell wonderful when they release their essential oils into the air. In the final analysis though, the single most important aspect of any guest stay in a home or a bed and breakfast is the host s own attitude and personality. So don t forget the golden rule and lay the hospitality on thick. Best, Pamela
Hello Pamela, I have hunted and pecked through your website many times looking for places to stay through the years. Now I am a b and b owner! We are loving this life and I am so happy that I happened upon your blog. Thank you so much for your work, Deanna Reply Delete Add comment Load more...

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий