суббота, 18 октября 2014 г.

I actually own one of these (for about 10+years) and the family has had a lot of fun with it. We use


To those who complain about Jeep s latter-day excursions into two-wheel-drive, non-Trail Rated vehicles, need we remind you that Jeep has, nearly sydney serviced apartments from the beginning, offered rigs that were in no way meant to leave the pavement? Rigs like the original Jeepster and this 1960 Jeep DJ-3 Surrey sydney serviced apartments for sale on Hemmings.com, resplendent in two-tone pink, whitewalls and stripes. From the seller s description:
This 1963 DJ-3 has been restored to better than new condition and is beyond sydney serviced apartments perfect in every respect. It is powered by Jeeps rugged little 134 cubic inch inline four-cylinder engine with three-speed sydney serviced apartments manual transmission. More importantly it is festively finished in Tropical Mist (pink) with Tropical Mist and Glacier White upholstery and a matching striped surrey top and spare tire cover. It is cheeky cute cheerful and fabulously restored.
I was stationed in Puerto Rico as a kid, 58- 61, and often drove a military jeep on duty. When in San Juan I saw these pink Jeeps at a hotel. I think that they were available as rental cars for tourists.
I am pretty guy-acting..Although I really like this great Jeep,I just can t picture myself driving it in a parade,,But,that is my problem..It really looks like a really fun vehicle Now,if someone sydney serviced apartments else would drive,I d gladly ride it in any parade
Thanks for the link on the DJ. In Australia we still occasionally see post war LHD Jeeps but a few years ago I spotted an ad for a hard top jeep with sliding doors and right hook steering. I couldn t understand why the company produced RHD Jeeps for domestic use, not realising it was for postal work. I have owned three vans in the past (2 Bedfords and a Ford) with sliding front doors, all ex Australia Post. A wind in the hair, no sun on the head driving sensation in itself!
This photo produces an immediate association with an identical replica of it that was made by Tonka, which sat on the toy store shelf next to the blue version (might have even been two-tone blue) that I bought for myself in, oh, something like 1964-65.
sydney serviced apartments I have one of those MIB. My best friend s aunt found it in her basement years ago and gave it to him w/ some other toys. He, knowing the toy car freak that I am, gave it to me as a birthday gift. He hated playing w/ it because it s pink and his aunt and uncle, being as fastidious as they are, kept it in its original box. VERY COOL!
I think I just saw a story about Red Skelton owning one of these, this exact same thing, that was recently at an auction? Weird timing. I m pretty sure it was a Hemmings article, but I ve been wrong before.
On a totally non-pink-Jeep-related note, I absolutely love the Hemmings photo viewer that pops up when you click on a photo. It sizes itself for desktop, laptop, whatever top.. which is super nice. It s 99.7% the perfect photo viewer, I think. The only thing that would be better, in my opinion, would be if there was a zoom function for the individual images.
Surely you guys remember Connie Stevens. She played Cricket Blake in the popular television detective series Hawaiian Eye from 1959 to 1962, a role that made her famous. Her principal costar was Robert Conrad. She drove a jeep exactly like this. See wikipedia.com
I ve never heard of that show. I was born in 1962 but I would have thought I d have at least seen reruns of it. If it s got Connie Stevens in it it s definitely worth looking it up. I mean, yeah, for the Jeep too.. cough..
The Willys Jeep dealer sydney serviced apartments in Locust Valley, Long Island had a couple of these running around town when I was a kid there. Always a real cute curiosity even back then. Maybe people didn t take themselves so seriously sydney serviced apartments back in 60!
My Dad bought a new 46 Jeep CJ in theSpring of 1946. It was an absolute blast to tear around in!!! Dad traded it in on a new 49 Plymouth in the Fall of 1948. We used that Jeep for everything! sydney serviced apartments The family car, small truck, farm work in the field, you name it and we probably at least tried to do it. Of course, it was COLD in the Illinois winters and HOT in those high humidity summers, but the pure rip-snorten wild fun with it far offset all the bad things! I could probably write a 200 page about all of it.
I actually own one of these (for about 10+years) and the family has had a lot of fun with it. We use it in parades and we trailer it on vacation to the NJ Shore. It runs great, super reliable, and is fun to drive. It usually puts a smile on everyone s face who sees it. Let s not forget that Elvis liked it so much he bought one to use at Graceland, and it is still there.
I have one of these and would like to sell it. What is a good asking price? Mine looks nothing like this one. Needs engine work and although I have the framework, I am minus a surrey top and the seats are now white instead of the stripped ones.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий