суббота, 4 октября 2014 г.

Thanks to all for your help. I think the Jordaan area might work for me based on your assistance and


How we use your email Fodor's may use your e-mail address to send you relevant information freeport maine bed and breakfasts on site updates, account changes, and offers. For more information about your privacy and protection, please review our full Privacy Policy .
I'm headed to Amsterdam for 2 week business trip and I would rather not stay in a hotel near the office in Hoofddorp. Looking for a good neighborhood that would be walkable to Central Station, so that I can use train and shuttle to get to office park. Any suggestions on where to look? I would like quiet, safe, away from RLDs, but still near restaurants and shops. Thanks.
With a two week stay, I was considering a short term rental. But maybe a hotel is better. As I recall freeport maine bed and breakfasts from a short day trip the immediate vicinity of the Centraal Station was a bit iffy - is my impression correct or out dated (its been 7 years).
Amsterdam in general has cleaned it act up a lot in the last few years - the Mayor even has plans to get rid of most if not all of the Red-Light District - at one time Centraal Station has a seedy element but it seems the cop presence both undercover and overcover is much greater than before.
I've been in Amsterdam recently and I don't consider the area around the train station a charmer. However I don't consider most of the Jordaan to be part of that area. It is a very long and curving district and a lot of it is at a remove from the train area. Whatever the attractions of any part of town I would recommend staying nearby a tram or bus stop with a relatively quick straight shot to the central train station since you may not always feel like walking.
I would also want a short term rental rather than a hotel or at least a residence-hotel type set up with a kitchen. I am sorry I can't recommend something specific from personal experience and don't know if this would be in your budget or to your liking but this is the sort of location set up I would be looking for (but maybe further out and away from Dam Sq. and hopefully something cheaper)
On Overtoom the OP could walk to a secondary train station on the line from Hoofdraop/Schiphol to Amsterdam C.S. Forget the name of it but I've done it from the Overtoom area, a nice area because it abuts Vondel Park - one of the nicest, freeport maine bed and breakfasts quiestest, safest if not cheapest freeport maine bed and breakfasts areas to stay in in Amsterdam- not far from the museums on Museumplein either and an area with oodles of nice, sedate small hotels, such as the Hotel Memphis.
Look at a map of Amsterdam and consider freeport maine bed and breakfasts the intersection of the Brouwersgracht and the Prinsengracht as the center of the neighborhood (part of the Jordaan) where you want to stay. We stayed in the Willemstraat and were happy with our location.
freeport maine bed and breakfasts Easy access to Rai train station can be had from De Pijp neighbourhood, or the area around Kennedylaan. De Pijp is Amsterdam's quartier latin. Rai has a direct line to hoofddorp via Schiphol: 20 minutes.
Yes it is but you apparently do not know about the stations in between Sloterdijk and Schiphol - on the west side of Amsterdam - there are two stations and one is about a 15-minute walk - can't think of name but I used it several times when staying in the Overtoom area - closer than RAI or Zuid and also a direct tram.
Thank you all for the advice. Still sorting freeport maine bed and breakfasts through options. Not One question - I thought freeport maine bed and breakfasts I read that De Pijp was a red light district - article freeport maine bed and breakfasts indicated that there are 3 rlds, not just one. Is this right?
De Pip is a neat area I have stayed in but for the average first-time traveler freeport maine bed and breakfasts it is too far out (yes it ain't that far out) - they want canals and that is the Jordaan, closer as possible to Centraal Station.
Yes but they were talking about Overtoom - the main commercial street that hugs the west side of Vondel Park and one of the nicest places in all of Amsterdam to stay IMO because of its proximity to the park and a real neighborhood to boot - Hoofdoorp is a complete blah place to stay - a new town virtually and the hotels near the station there are all upscale modern freeport maine bed and breakfasts chains for business types' needs.
I used to live on tweede lindendwarsstraat, just off lindengracht and westerstraat and the noordermarkt. our experience was that you always had to walk outside of the neighbourhood to get to public transport, as there are no trams in the northern end of jordaan (i.e. anything above rozengracht)
I also like De Pijp much better than Jordaan: it's less touristy, it's more of a mix (local, real Jordaners can be a tad, cough, nationalistic in their outlook) and it's more of a welcoming freeport maine bed and breakfasts neighbourhood to my mind. If you live in a city for a couple of weeks, getting the hang of the tram system is a piece of cake. Amsterdam inhabitants, for the larger part, don't live near the canals either.
Also, the Pijp has that calmer rival to Vondelpark, the beautiful Sarphatipark and beautiful freeport maine bed and breakfasts nineteenth century, Palladian architecture, a remnant of Sarphati's "golden mile", which included the present day Amstel freeport maine bed and breakfasts Hotel, Paleis van Volksvlijt, roughly where the Dutch National Bank now is, Sarphatistraat/Ceintuurbaan and Sarphatipark. freeport maine bed and breakfasts Sarphatipark still is one of the city's most prestigious addresses.
Thanks to all for your help. I think the Jordaan area might work for me based on your assistance and the feedback from my colleagues who have already made this trek. I've emailed 5 inquiries and hopefully will hear back or its off to the Hilton airport for me.
Overtoom is a looooooong way from Rai or Zuid in reaction to my comment about the much closer Lelyland station it seemed you may not have heard of that station, which did surprise me, as did you statement in a previous thread that the Jordaan did not have any canals!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий