суббота, 25 августа 2012 г.

This entry was posted in About Judi , News and tagged judi starliper , Knoxville homes for sale , Kn


When I started in real estate back in 1975, I sure could have used today's technology. Back then, I was armed with a MLS Book showing all the listings for that week and a coffee can of quarters to stop along the way to make phone calls. I literally had zero training and drove a car as long as a boat.
The best new technology came along when they invented car phones. I had what they called a "bag" phone which literally was a receiver in a bag. The other great item was a "talking" pager. You called the agent's phone number and they could hear your voice message. Freddie McBride, who was my broker at the time, was headed to the dentist. I gave him time to get there and paged him that I saw a cavity in his left bicuspid. It really spooked him to hear my voice precisely at the time the dentist was looking in his mouth.
Do you remember the term "facsimiles"? It was the precursor to the fax. About the same time, car phones sams club travel were being built into cars. The downside of that was you had to be in the car with the car running for it to work. Next, came the brick phone. Literally, it was shaped like a brick with a thick, three inch rubber antenna on top. In addition, the pagers changed from voice to text pages and internet came into being. We have had my internet website for 15 years and within that time period came the flip phone. Finally, sams club travel it was small enough to put into my purse.
When I think of websites, the word "MONEY" comes to mind. Creating a website 15 years ago and getting someone who knew what they were doing was tough. It took a year for them to build the site, but those same creators are still behind Starliper.com . Laptop? PC? Old news, right?
Do you remember sams club travel the term, "Ipix" or "Virtual Tours"? Those became really big. Who would have thought that today we get emails and send attachments sams club travel by just using a smart phone? iPads and notebooks rule the businesses. Now, instead of an odd-shaped  "toothed" lockbox key, we have electronic lockboxes. sams club travel Instead of advertising on just my sites, I advertise on 60 sites. Instead of showing a weekend customer 40 houses, I might show them six because they eliminated them from their own internet searches.
Yes, technology is amazing, but nothing will ever eliminate the need for the personal touch and the knowledge sams club travel that only a trained agent can offer. I'm going to start entertaining with my kazoo while showing houses. After all, customers expect a lot now and I, for one, want to go beyond expectations. Just call 24/7 for your "musical" tour.
That's just a taste of real estate technology changes. But, I wonder what it will be like in 10 more years. Will we sit in a chair at home with an alien-looking helmet on and be mentally transported into any house and that become a reality? Who knows, but I am enjoying sams club travel the ride.
This entry was posted in About Judi , News and tagged judi starliper , Knoxville homes for sale , Knoxville houses for sale , knoxville real estate , Knoxville sams club travel Realtor , real estate technology sams club travel , technology changes , technology for Realtors by admin . Bookmark the permalink .

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий