пятница, 23 января 2015 г.

A side note: I'm pretty new here but I have had great luck on this forum with polite, thoughtful pos


8) ECU pins. (I got a whole wiring harness because I didn't know what I'd need, but all I used were 4 pins from the ECU plug. If you can find them separately, post a link and I'll update free work at home information online travel agent this thread).
BTW: jeepsareus.com sells a kit for this if you have the wires installed for $300 if you don't want to expend a huge effort sourcing parts. The wiring harness is another $300 though. I couldn't justify the expense, but the time saved would have been immense. If ya got the plug, you should probably get their kit.
Unplug your negative battery terminal and wait 5 minutes for the capacitor free work at home information online travel agent to discharge. You don't need to unplug any fuses. No power= no airbag. Do be careful here. I gotta admit, I felt uncomfortable until the thing was out and unplugged.
So I began by getting every part on the list and a full wiring harness. The harness alone is now $300 in addition to the $300 you spent for a factory cruise control kit. I spent $260 for everything at a salvage yard: the whole harness, fuse box, clockspring, everything. Deleting unnecessary items might have dropped my cost to $140 or so. Hindsight. Agh.
A side note: I'm pretty new here but I have had great luck on this forum with polite, thoughtful posters and I'm trying to give back by posting some info. Thanks for all your help with my other problems whether you know it or not.
I am not debating whether a TRUE jeep should have cruise. I wanted it for my long drives out of Texas to backpack free work at home information online travel agent or flyfish or whatever and I am so glad to have it. Thanks for understanding that some jeepers really like having this.
I think 1997 had a horn cover that integrated the buttons. You need to be sure you have the right buttons for your model year. I had to source some on ebay for my '04. I have a set of 1998 buttons. They are different shapes for the different model year's wheels and worse, different resistances! So no matter what, the buttons and clockspring will have to be from your specific model run.
Install your new clockspring the reverse of how you removed the old one. Reinstall the wheel, be sure to carefully route the clockspring wires through the center hole. Reinstall the wheel nut and torque it down.
By Every TJ do you mean the '97 models too? It would be really nice to have cruise on my '97 but I remember reading about the omission of a cruise control dash light on my model. This is a cool thread, expecially if it will work for my TJ!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий