четверг, 28 марта 2013 г.

First off: pick the right hotel; one that has empty rooms, late in the day, and hope the owner / man


First off: pick the right hotel; one that has empty rooms, late in the day, and hope the owner / manager is at the front desk: the negotiation goes very different depending on who you re dealing with:
It s really not that different online / offline. Be transparent, be personable, attempt to understand the person across the counter, and help: help them do their jobs, help them laugh, help them focus on their other tasks and customers, luxurious log homes featured on the travel channel help them get through their last or first hours of their days.
Please note these are really for the United States; negotiations abroad really depend on the local culture. My negotiations in India, Thailand, Hong Kong, Mexico, Denmark, England, Spain, France, et. al. have typically required different approaches. Understand the local culture, and take advantage of the fact you re a traveler.
I tend to stick with Marriott brands since they have few surprises and I ve been a Platinum (75 nights a year) long enough to find the deals to be had. In general, there is the price on the website and discounts you can enter when you get the room.
Just remember you can always call ahead (yes a phone!) and ask to speak to the manager (typically 8am-6pm) to confirm your status or rewards program came across. Next, ask if you can get the upgraded room if it has not already been sold when you call. Upgrades usually involve a bigger bed, more room to stretch out, or a bathroom that doesn t feel like a closet.
Another thing to ask for is the mini-fridge/microwave combo in the room. Usually, this gives you the upgrade as a byproduct. I ve done this at Silver, Gold, and Platinum levels with increasing success.
It s also good to indicate truthfully how long you plan to be there for a project. Managers will respond to people that will guarantee a certain number of nights per week, month, etc. and you can drastically reduce your costs by asking for a weekly rate.
Also, if you ever have a problem with a property, take the time to write an actual luxurious log homes featured on the travel channel letter to management or ask for the address of the regional manager. These comments will be welcomed and typically any impact to you is offset by a gratis night. Just be truthful and make sure the comments are helpful.
All of your comments luxurious log homes featured on the travel channel are valid and pretty useful things to think about when staying at nicer hotels with lots of options, on business, and for long-term stays. The advice to negotiate team discounts and long-term discounts are spot-on: I ve done that before myself.
But it s a different game if you re trying to minimize price rather than maximize comfort (at a price point). If you re traveling with less of a plan, picking out hotels on the spot, and staying for a night or two, then it s a much more flexible and negotiable game.
If you re talking to staff, it generally doesn t matter if the hotel is busy or not. For staff the options are more limited and they re less influenced by the idea of revenue maximization: that calculation isn t high on their list of concerns.
I find the general approach of honesty, laughter and openness is really luxurious log homes featured on the travel channel the way to go. Just broach the subject and see what happens. I don t find much stress in telling a couple luxurious log homes featured on the travel channel jokes and bantering with the hotel staff.
I do find negotiating works much better luxurious log homes featured on the travel channel in person than over the phone, and I really wrote the entire post from that vantage point. I guess I do a lot of travel where I wander into a city and drive around to find a hotel without research, prior plans or ideas of the area and its prices. That s a fun game. Sometimes it works great, sometimes it doesn t.
Perhaps my favorite time was when I was hiking the West Highland Way in Scotland with a couple buddies luxurious log homes featured on the travel channel and we wandered off the trail into a hotel to see if they had a room. I tried my usual to see if I could drop the price a bit or get a better room: as it was, it was the only hotel (and restaurant, and pub) for miles, it was nearing dusk, they only had one room, and we were hiking so our transport (and options) were pretty limited. Suffice it to say that we happily paid the standard rate
You bring up an excellent point on watching the costs. In reality, the $50 spread between a Fairfield Inn and a Motel 6 or other value brands is less about function and features than my own routines and bias to bedding and pillow type.
One of the scrapiest tech guys I know packs for road travel like he is going camping and it saves him a huge amount and aids his own costing models for clients. Seriously. Sleeping bags, mess kits, etc :) He never knows where he is going but he knows what he will spend. And if you can swing a vehicle or pitch tents or have access to a gym membership with showers you can really travel for work at a very low cost.
Realized I have negotiated for hotels, just not in person. Asked for media rates during my last stay in London and have occasionally been offered a complimentary room if I can guarantee a review or article afterwards.
When I m with my wife and child, 99 times out of 100 we ll choose a luxury hotel/resort. If I m on my own, or with traveller luxurious log homes featured on the travel channel type friends, a good clean guesthouse is usually the preference. My last trip abroad to SE Asia covered the whole spectrum of accommodation available; from 5* Starwood hotels, to $5 guesthouses.
If possible luxurious log homes featured on the travel channel I learn a couple of local phrases; in Thailand: my dai! which means cannot , or too expensive in this case. Anything to break the ice, and to get the other side smiling. Once you do this you re much more likely to open the door to the possibility that you ll receive a discount, or added incentives.
Any money saved I usually end up spending luxurious log homes featured on the travel channel in the same hotel/resort anyway (I m getting lazier the older I get room service luxurious log homes featured on the travel channel is all too often too convenient!), and I always leave good tips for those staff who I feel have attempted to make the stay a good one.
The newly opened Starwood hotel in Chiang Mai was particularly open to negotiating a deal as they d only recently opened. I was able to secure a 50% discount on their out of season price, a room upgrade and free internet. All in all the stay cost circa $350 when it should have cost $850ish.
I don t know that there are lots of certain things to consider when you want to have a good price and good discounts for renting a hotel room. I have read the tips and I m surprised that one of the tip which is said is done by me already and yet I didn t know that it s really the right thing to do, really funny :D. One of the main thing I really concern about in having a hotel room is the good facilities, ambiance and the proper management for those people that works in that hotel.
Actually, that s a common misconception. LP don t let their writers take a comp in return for favourable luxurious log homes featured on the travel channel reviews ie they can t take a freebie and guarantee a good review but they can take a freebie if there s no obligation attached to it. I know of many an LP writer who s taken a freebie.
Actually, that s a common luxurious log homes featured on the travel channel misconception. LP don t let their writers take a comp in return for favourable reviews ie they can t take a freebie and guarantee a good review luxurious log homes featured on the travel channel but they can take a freebie if there s no obligation attached to it. I know of many an LP writer who s taken a freebie.
Nice advice, I know some really friendly Queenstown hotels staff who are happy to negotiate f you explain you are tight on money. Its interesting how much more affordable life can be if you can learn to negotiate well. You just have to remember the hotel often needs you more than you need it.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий