четверг, 28 марта 2013 г.

In this case they need to SAY that own up to a mistake for being stupid and make some reasonable off


We decided to book a suite, since it includes a kitchen and would allow us to save money on food by cooking our own meals, she says. And since we were booking so far in advance, they gave us the room at a discounted rate of $200 a night. The day after making the reservation on the phone, I received an email confirmation from the hotel with a reservation number, the dates, number of guests, and price per night.
I called the hotel to double-check all the details and ended up speaking with the owner, oasis playa hotel in cancun Lindsey, she says. Everything went smoothly until I asked her to confirm the $200 a night price. Lindsey oasis playa hotel in cancun said that wasn t possible as the suite books for way more than $200 a night, especially for a holiday weekend.
My husband and I are incredibly upset about the treatment we ve received regarding this reservation, and would like to keep it for the room at the rate we were guaranteed as we planned our entire trip around staying at your B B almost oasis playa hotel in cancun 6 months ago.
I called you back as soon as I saw the email to clarify the situation and was immediately and crisply told You can either pay the increased rate or cancel your reservation. When I tried to explain everything had already oasis playa hotel in cancun been confirmed in writing months ago and we no longer had time to make any changes, I was brusquely told I have to check a guest in and practically hung up on.
My position on rate mistakes, also called fat-finger fares, is well known. If it s a reasonable price (one cent fares don t count) and the travel business confirms the rate in writing, it should honor the price.
If, however, Baker knew the B B was quoting erroneous rates (say, she d seen it on a certain popular travel website oasis playa hotel in cancun that begins with the letter F ) then I wouldn t consider her case. That would be stealing.
The OP may have legal remadies available to them. They have a written offer that the business is no longer willing to honor. This could be breach of contract. oasis playa hotel in cancun Even though no money has been exchanged, there is an agreement that is one party does something (stay at the B B) they other party will accecpt as compensation the agreed upon amount ($200/night). So if the one party shows up fulfilling there end of the agreement and the other party refuses to honor their agreement, you have breach.
I also voted NO, not because of the merits but because it does not make sense to pursue oasis playa hotel in cancun it further. If I am already at odds with the owner of a B B, then I wouldn t like to stay there. What will they do? Give me evil stares while I am at their home? Serve me cold breakfast? Spike my tea? Give me dirty sheets and towels? I might as well can it quits and go somewhere where I (and my $200) will be liked and appreciated. Sometimes it s more than the money or the principle . You just have to move on and enjoy life. We all know already this B B sucks.
You might think so, but that s not always the case. I stayed at a very upscale Omni for Labor Day weekend last year (booked two rooms) and got a very good rate for this property. Was just back there earlier this summer (not a holiday weekend) and paid top rates, about 35%/night oasis playa hotel in cancun more than last Labor Day. You just never know. I did later find out that it was some kind of festival in the small town and that jacked up the rates, I believe.
The problem with the conclusion that its not fair to take advantage of an obvious mistake is the sob stories we hear on here all the time of people making a booking error and booking 18 nights instead of 1 or some such silliness oasis playa hotel in cancun and the hotel s first response is screw you.
Yes they booked a room 6 months in advance you know what happened? The owner took the reservation without knowing it was a holiday weekend you KNOW thats what happened. Now they have sellers remorse that they could have sold the room for $200 more than they did.
In this case they need to SAY that own up to a mistake for being stupid and make some reasonable offer. Like split the different or provide groceries or some accomodation. Telling the people that they pay more or don t come adds them to my list of never stay at properties the B B has this reservation for SIX MONTHS. Its a done deal at this point.
It is wrong for this place to confirm the rate of $200 and then revert to a rate of $265. It is even more wrong for them to persist in changing a rate they already confirmed. They will not make a loss, they will merely lose money. When there is a $65 per night mistake then it is pretty much assured that someone is not going to get their way. If the B B misquoted the rate and confirmed that misquote, then it is their error and they should eat the $65 per might.
I m planning a trip in just a couple of weeks and if the hotel I booked was suddenly $65 per night more expensive, I would have to cancel the entire trip. This isn t an emergency. It s an owner who is refusing to do what is right.
oasis playa hotel in cancun Your comment was not very nice. Some people scrimp oasis playa hotel in cancun and save to go on vacation and any additional expense would hurt. If they have to spend an extra $65 per night, that is extra money they are not spending in restaurants or tours.
Can the OP not go to the b b and, if the proprietor charges their credit card more money, oasis playa hotel in cancun then dispute oasis playa hotel in cancun the charge with your written confirmation? Or can t the b b pull a bait and switch and add the additional expense as a resort charge? There are so many ways proprietors quote you one rate and charge you another, I could go on and on and on . . . (for those who don t get it, my point is that it seems these days we never know what the end fee is going to be in any part of the travel industry!
With regards to the first paragraph, I believe it should go both ways. If the travel industry was more flexible in showing leniency when travelers make obvious errors, I think people would feel more charitable when they make mistakes.
Regardless, the B B has a professional and ethical obligation to honor the price they quoted. The tone of the email from the customer is immaterial to the issue. If a business can increase prices or even deny service to a customer just because they don t like their attitude while trying to resolve a dispute, that opens up all kinds of problems, oasis playa hotel in cancun doesn t it?
Whats amazing to me is I just checked there are still 4 weeks out two kitchen type suites available to book. Given the choices one has in Seattle . .. I think that there may be a lot of open and available rooms
I don t think a clause like that would be enforceable. oasis playa hotel in cancun Allowing a clause oasis playa hotel in cancun like this would allow any business to offer something at a very low price but when you went to get the service they tell you it s another price because it was a mistaken price. Basically would allow bait and switch to be legal.
Actually, for the location, there are remarkably few places available oasis playa hotel in cancun with kitchens. It s right downtown, steps to Pike Place Market and there s only one other hotel with kitchenettes nearby that I know of. And the one other that I m familiar with is a step down in quality oasis playa hotel in cancun (and missing the views that Pensione Nichols has)
I think fat-finger mistakes are seller beware. While I m willing to give them some leeway oasis playa hotel in cancun in unconfirmed bookings or verbal dialogues, once a hospitality or transportation oasis playa hotel in cancun service has confirmed some reservation in full and in writing, it should be obliged to honor it.
While I m aware with Chris Elliott s stance on fat finger errors, I think companies should be held to higher standards in a digital age. Especially oasis playa hotel in cancun companies that are in the market for services such as lodging or transportation where there is just no reference good-faith price to be considered.
Indeed, I m more willing to cut some slack to a car dealership that put a $ 850.00 instead of $ 8,500.00 oasis playa hotel in cancun online ad for an used Honda Civic than to any hotel or airline or cruise line. Especially considering how there is now a widespread expectation oasis playa hotel in cancun costumers reservations are final once they ve filled credit card number and clicked pay .
If hotels and airlines were required by law to honor prices confirmed to guests oasis playa hotel in cancun in writing, I bet they d place safeguards or change their processes such that unusual fares were not displayed to costumers before an employee bright pop-up red window appearing on their data center.
oasis playa hotel in cancun If they d been quoted oasis playa hotel in cancun $20 the B B would have a case here but arguing with a customer over an unintentional 25% discount is shameful, and the Pensione Nichols deserves any and all negative attention or reviews they get as a result of this.
If it was confirmed in writing, then it should be honored. I booked a hotel 2 months in advance for a super cheap rate in a small town in New Zealand during peak months over the phone and when I followed up via email the same day with a confirmation in writing, I received a response the following day saying the person on the phone quoted me the wrong rate and to confirm my booking at the new rate. Since I was tight on time and the town was tiny, I approved it. Annoying, but since I got it in writing, what else could I do. At least it wasn t a surprise at check-in.
Here s my stance I don t care why it happened. Once something is confirmed, its confirmed. If a business wants to save money going digital, that s great but there s a risk that you might accept a booking for a bad rate. That is not the purchaser s problem. That s yours. In the case of online booking engines, nothing says that you have to charge and confirm immediately. You have the option of having a human do a common sense check before confirming the booking and rate.
Offer made to rent the room for $200/night. Offer accepted. Consideration: Guest booked months in advance, so given discounted rate. Result: B B has contractual obligation to rent room at quoted rate. Basic contract law.
Additional factor requiring oasis playa hotel in cancun quoted rate to be honored: B B owner could have reviewed booking shortly after it was made, notified oasis playa hotel in cancun guest of error, and offered another room at the same rate, or given the guest an opportunity to cancel and re-book elsewhere. Instead, B B owners doesn t raise the issue until contacted by

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий