среда, 19 июня 2013 г.

I am not in a senior position within the cruise industry, I am however interested in how the public


The Carnival Fascination failed the surprise inspection with a score of only 84. You can read the report from the CDC here . It's full of dirty and unsanitary conditions in the galley and food serving areas, as well as problems with the recreational water supplies.
canada budget rent a car The Fascination had a problem which we are hearing about more often, that is when crew members are experiencing acute gastrointestinal illness but keep working. This substantially increases the chances that they will infect other crew members and the passengers that they come into contact with. The problem is particularly critical when the infected crew are food handlers.
Two weeks ago we wrote about the Celebrity Summit , the Golden Princess , the Sea Dream Yacht Club's Sea Dream , and the Caribbean Fantasy operated by America Cruise Ferries all of which flunked the CDC inspections. You can read our article: Disease Breeding Grounds: Three Cruise Ships Fail Health Sanitary Inspections
Again I don't know. But I do know after being a lawyer for 30 years that there is a very cozy relationship between the cruise lines and federal agencies like the CDC whose surprise inspections are hardly a surprise.
Therefore, my answer to you would be, have you eaten at these places close to where your offices are, or will you also highlight the problems that exist in all establishments where food, people and entertainment are prevalent?
( comments directed canada budget rent a car to those cruise company folks who read these posts ) You know in every book I've ever read, written by a former cruise ship employee, they all state that the inspections are no surprise. It amazes me that any ship could fail. BUT perhaps the cruise industry should really start thinking about this business of working it's crew to exhaustion. I've never worked in a job where employees performed well when they were sick and exhausted. In fact, the executives at Carnival, Princess, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, and the like probably need to remember that the immune system which fights disease, does not function when the individual does not rest. When employees are overworked they get sick, if they work when they are sick, guess what! they get sicker, and they spread it to everyone else. SO if you want to pass inspections and don't want headlines canada budget rent a car that your ship has a lab experiment...maybe you need to change some of your kill the workers policies. How about real medical care for the crew, & real sleep, that would be a start. I do cruise, but I do it really canada budget rent a car carefully. I board with germicidal wipes, I check the history of the ship, and the incidents of disease at embarkation ports. I have a cruise coming up next week, and you know what it will be our last if this industry does not change for the better.
And because we do not live in a perfect World, I try to be prepared for the unexpected, I evaluate the risks involved, and make informed choices canada budget rent a car based on common sense, because if I made my choices without using a common canada budget rent a car sense approach, I would never board a flight, ride a roller coaster, use restaurants that do not attain perfect scores or marry the girl my mother warned me not to.
I am not in a senior position within the cruise industry, I am however interested in how the public perceive our industry, after all my livelihood is dependent on customers boarding our ships to enjoy a quality vacation, which is why I find it hard to read comments canada budget rent a car that do not adequately reflect the reality of cruising that I have been involved with for many years.
I like debate and criticism back and forth. canada budget rent a car But most cruise line employees canada budget rent a car in the corporate canada budget rent a car offices, like you, who comment here use only a first name, a hotmail account, and praise the cruise industry while not disclosing that they work for a cruise line. It's not surprising that your industry is known for a lack of transparency.
I don't mean to insert myself into your discussion with Jim, Andy, but I would like to add an additional comment. I understand that you may have no influence on the corporate decision making process, just as I had no influence on the mega corporation I had worked canada budget rent a car for once coming to FL. You may well be a person of ethics, and compassion, and I will assume this.
Nonetheless, the cruise industry must be held accountable. Times are changing rapidly, and while you chastise Jim for a slanted perspective, canada budget rent a car you must realize that information about the dark side of this industry is readily available everywhere. Personally, I love boarding a ship,& watching the sea from my balcony. We look forward to our upcoming trip, this is true. But, ethics matter, and the cruise industry behaves like it operating in the dark ages, and yes, it's abysmal treatment of crew leads to inadequacies. There is no excuse for any ship to fail an inspection. canada budget rent a car There is no excuse for any crew member to not have proper sleep, shore time and breaks throughout the day. We won't even get into the poor pay, and what about the lack of proper medical canada budget rent a car care? Why should a sick crew member fear a job loss when they need to rest and recover? These issues directly affect passengers and I am disgusted by the cruise industries tenacious resistance to change. Truth is, I will hate to no longer cruise, and you know, there are plenty of people like myself, who have been passengers, and who have decided to forego any future trips. Many of us want the industry to take responsibility and do the right thing. If they do, we will happily return.
I do not work for any cruise line, but I am a travel agent. I have sailed on the Fascination many times and have never gotten sick. Regarding this incident with the Fascination I want to point out all you have to do is check with your local city govt and review records of restaurant inspections! Restaurants on land seem to have more problems with sanitation than cruise ships do. When will DateLine or RockCenter do a hit piece on land based buffets and restaurants? Scott
Maritime & admiralty lawyer canada budget rent a car & attorney James M. Walker of Walker & O'Neill Law Firm, offering services related to injuries, sexual assaults, fires, negligence, rapes & disappearances on cruise ships, pirate & terrorist attacks, missing passengers, canada budget rent a car shore excursions, wrongful death and the Jones Act, serving cruise passengers, crew members, cabin attendants, utility workers, waiters, bar tenders, ship doctors and cleaners canada budget rent a car on cruise ships worldwide.
The hiring of a lawyer canada budget rent a car is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you make this important decision, ask us to send you written information about our qualifications and experience.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий