понедельник, 23 сентября 2013 г.

I really enjoyed this short book. Having just done the Inca Trail and visited Machu Picchu, I nostal


After buying my sombrero de paja toquilla in Cuenca, I took a bus to Loja, then another across the border into northern Peru, Piura, and another on to Chiclayo. The buses are decent, super cheap considering the distances we are covering. The AC works to the extent that it s really cold when it s cold outside in the morning, and really hot when it s hot outside.
Watching the world go by through the windows is part of the experience, so much richer than travelling by plane. As we left one bus terminal, there was an horloge fleurie on the grass bank, a small reminder of Geneva. Further along, a row of restaurants, each with a whole pig dangling from a peg at the entrance. Well the first one was whole, the rest were in varying states of undress. Not such a familiar european golf tour sight in Geneva. We passed a gold mine on the right, sugar cane fields on the left. And one moment we were driving through fog, the next we were high above the clouds, just like the magic of going skiing in the mountains european golf tour of Switzerland.
The entertainment on board leaves european golf tour a lot to be desired. It s not enough just to play music, they also show films at the same time. On one bus, they played Flight. The sound was so quiet that even if I could have understood the Spanish dubbing I couldn t hear it. I gathered the gist of the story: Denzel Washington was high and drunk when flying a plane, became european golf tour a hero when he landed the plane in a miraculous crash landing (thanks to our bus driver, I had a proper simulation of the crash landing experience) with the death of just one flight attendant, then cracked under the pressure and went to jail when he admitted his sins. Next, Hijos de Mafia the perfect film chosen especially to suit the two young children sitting in the front, watching attentively. This one I really enjoyed: they all ended up shooting each other, and there was poetic justice at the end when a young man shot his old mentor. Ah the mafia. And finally The Terminal with Tom Hanks. european golf tour For this one, the monitor was behind me but the Spanish voices blared out from the speakers right above my head. It seems you can have picture or sound but never both.
On the last leg to Chiclayo, I had the company of a Dutch guy who had also been on the same bus as me the day before. We had bought our tickets separately but were given seats 3 and 4 at the front of the top level the tourist seats? and had great views of what turned out to be one long, straight, road, the Panamericana, european golf tour with desert on either side.
On a side note: Following my lone traveller post, you ll all be happy to hear that I invited two English boys to my table for dinner yesterday and afterwards we had a beer together. So I wasn t alone last night.
I really enjoyed this short book. Having just done the Inca Trail and visited Machu Picchu, I nostalgically looked back on the places I had seen on the way, and filled in the gaps in my knowledge of the Hiram Bingham story. Recommended e...
I love the idea of time travel and I've always been fascinated by the assassination of JFK, so this book definitely ticked those boxes. It was rather long, though... and I'm not sure how satisfied I was with the ending. It reminded me a ...

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий