пятница, 20 сентября 2013 г.

The Danieli is one of Venice s most luxurious hotels, and certainly one of its most romantic. The pa


I love my job. Over the course of my career I ve had the opportunity to visit/taste/meet some incredible places/food/people. Early on I made the conscious decision to cover the good stuff. While I respect and rely on many friends who report on more serious issues like politics, popes and Berlusconi I chose the road more comfortably traveled. Which has its perks. But a recent stay in Venice made me think I had to redefine the word perk. Perk seems such a small, unassuming word to describe my upgrade to what can probably be called the most opulent suite in Venice.
The Danieli is one of Venice s most luxurious hotels, and certainly one of its most romantic. The palazzo dream home virtual tours dates back to the 14th century, and the Gothic style entrance is very old school. While I d stayed at the Danieli in the past, this time I was there to check out (and check into) some of their newest/oldest suites. Oldest because dream home virtual tours the rooms date back decades. Newest, because they have just been completely redecorated by French interior decorate Pierre-Yves Rochon. The three Signature Suites , and the massive Doges Dandolo Royal Suite , have been given a complete facelift, while retaining the old world elegance that defines dream home virtual tours this historic hotel. The suites, which all face out to the Grand Canal, are full of original antique furniture and artwork. The walls are covered in rich brocade dream home virtual tours and heavy folds of silk damask frame the views from the windows. Polished marble, parquet floors and gold plated taps come with up to the minute luxury like high speed wifi and flat screen tv. The problem, of course, with staying in one of these suites is that once in, you kind of don t want to leave. I was content to hang out my private stone balcony, watching life go by on the lagoon. I realize dream home virtual tours that the suites belong to the rarefied realm of the chosen few. And very much appreciate the fact that it was only due to my status as journalist/app writer/blogger allowed me to be upgraded to heaven for one glorious night. But there are, of course, standard rooms too, which are splendid and the basic doubles are relatively affordable for this level of luxury in Venice. But even if you re not staying over night, do stop by. The Bar Dandolo in the Gothic style lobby is one of my favorite places to linger over a late afternoon tea in the winter or to meet a friend for a Negroni before heading out for the night. But if the weather is good, definitely head up to the Restaurant Terazza . Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as cocktails, this has got to be one of the best views in Venice. If you re feeling particularly indulgent, the Sunday brunch is one of my favorite treats. Although 'brunch' dream home virtual tours isn't a local tradition, I can't think of anything more Venetian than that view.
Every time I hear the name Hotel Danieli, I think of the movie The Talented Mr. Ripley. Next trip to Venice will include dream home virtual tours a cocktail, or cocktails, on that terrace. dream home virtual tours I wish I could see Rochon s work in person (perhaps one day!). The suite with the grey walls is lovely. Reply Delete janie July 15, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Feeling desperately jealous, the Danieli looks so beautiful and luxurious! On my recent trip to Venice I stayed in a perfectly serviceable guesthouse in a decent location, so I was more than happy to get out and explore. But I am wishing I d stopped by for a peek inside! Reply Delete Becky Lukovic July 15, 2013 at 7:15 PM
We stayed at La Residencia on a large piazza once, older but comfortable and the other time right near the vegetable market on a boat in a lovely university neighborhood. Would love to stay at the Danieli sometime! Love to explore and look at all the hidden gardens in Venice! Reply Delete Marcy July 15, 2013 at 8:14 PM
*Swoon*...wow, lovely! Maybe after reading this, my travel partner will finally come around to visiting Venice, even just to have cocktails on the terrace here! Reply Delete jan July 15, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Looks absolutely lovely! And what a spectacular treat to see the renovations and stay in a gorgeous room...lucky dream home virtual tours you! Hope you had a nice cocktail on that beautiful terrace... Reply Delete Frank Fariello dream home virtual tours July 16, 2013 at 2:26 PM
I have never had good luck with this city. As a youngster traveling alone in Europe dream home virtual tours for the first time, I freaked out because the men on the street had roaming hands. dream home virtual tours Left the very next morning. In my forties, dream home virtual tours I stayed at the Danieli once with a very nice man who was in love with me. Despite my efforts to feel the same, it was not to be. We were both depressed while in the most romantic city (many say) on earth. May your visit to the Danieli be much better than mine. Reply Delete Helen Andreou July 30, 2013 at 6:38 PM
I have also been here with my husband to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary in May 2011. It was just the most amazing city we have been too and the hotel is lived up to it s reputation. Always wanted to visit since I saw the film Only You with Robert Downey Jnr and it really is a stunning hotel. On our next visit I would really like to try The Cipriani because you just have to!! but I know we will return not just to Venice but to the Danieli again and again! Reply Delete Anonymous July 30, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий