понедельник, 26 мая 2014 г.

How we use your email Fodor's may use your e-mail address to send you relevant information on site u


How we use your email Fodor's may use your e-mail address to send you relevant information on site updates, account changes, and offers. For more information about your privacy and protection, please review our full Privacy Policy .
My first plan was to rent a small place (have one in mind) in Positano and then just travel a few places from there. I would be arriving middle of March and assuming I fly into Naples, would it be better to catch some form of public transportation to Positano and use that also to travel to other cities, or rent a car? I mean to just base in the little place in Positano, but if my sister should join me I would want to show her Venice and the hills of Tuscany, and maybe Pompeii. last minute travel web sites Any suggestions? Thanks so much!
Venice and Tuscany are not day trips from Positano so you would need some overnights and would be paying twice for hotels. There's not a whole lot of places you can get to and back in a day. Why Positano in March? It will be cold and damp. It's more of a summer town to visit. In the winter months cities last minute travel web sites are best so you have a variety of indoor activities.
I was planning to stay until the end of March. I need to go some place that is quiet and I can relax. I took care of my mom for many years and now I lost her, and I need some time alone to be able to move on. If my sister comes over too she will want to see the places I have been before. Should I maybe fly into Florence and out of Venice last minute travel web sites and plan places to stay in both? I don't know what to do, and this has always been the plan when my mom didn't need me anymore.
Was March a mistake? Are you waiting until next year to do the trip? March can be so blustery, yes, even in lovely Italy. Can you wait just a bit until at least the end of April? It may still be rainy, but you have more chance last minute travel web sites for sun.
Florence and Venice are wonderful places and will allow you more options in things to do and restaurants. You can find quiet in both of those locations. As an alternate to Florence you might consider Fiesole in the hills above Florence with easy access to the city via bus. Venice is quiet once you're away from the Rialto/San Marco areas.
Thank you everyone for your condolences. I was going in March because it was less expensive and not too hot yet. Maybe I should look into something else instead such as Adrienne's suggestion of Fiesole. I was looking among the vineyards and not so many tourists. I know, I would be one of those tourists! I want to walk to a small place for a glass of wine, and not have so many people around me. Every vacation for the last 18 years has been with my mom, even before last minute travel web sites she needed fulltime help, because I was the only one of her children that had a job where I was off in the summers, then in 2006 I had to leave my job. I cherish every moment and would not change it, but now I need some time where I only look after myself. But that has to include not too much stress of having to drive places or fear of train schedules. I will be coming from the USA.
The center of Florence (where you find the most tourists) is very small and will be quiet in March. That's not to say that there won't be tourists but there will be plenty of cafes/restaurants a bit outside the center (away from the main influx of tourists) where there won't be a lot of noise and traffic. There are lots of small streets with cafes where you could enjoy quiet.
I encourage yourself to think hard about what you're planning as a year after your loss you will feel a bit differently than you do now. And perhaps you will not want to isolate yourself last minute travel web sites as much. Other than very large cities there are many areas where you can find solitude and quiet yet avail yourself of the activity small cities afford.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий