четверг, 30 мая 2013 г.

After the airport we made our way to our residence in Melbourne, the Milano Serviced Apartments! We


After the airport we made our way to our residence car rental agencies denver airport in Melbourne, the Milano Serviced car rental agencies denver airport Apartments! We took the taxi straight to the apartment since there were a ton of us. We made our way to the reception area where we waited since the person car rental agencies denver airport at the desk was busy. We finally got to talk to him but he informed us we couldn't check in until 2 but since we had tons of luggage he was going to let us drop our stuff off in the rooms. So I dropped my stuff off in my room and then went in search for other people. We found one of our professors where I grabbed the phone that was left for me, yay! After a while, car rental agencies denver airport more people came and I finally moved into the apartment!  I managed to steal the room with the window, even got the bed next to the window! The apartment lives up to what everyone says, it is tiny! And white! There was so little room for clothes, but luckily I didn't over pack…actually, I may have under packed but that's okay, more room for me to get stuff!
After unpacking, we got ready to actually go out into Melbourne…specifically to get phones! It was a long walk to get to the store but it was fun seeing Melbourne while walking along the street. The streets were filled with people getting from place to place, it really is different from the Woo, so much busier and more populated! Also, the street crossing lights are different and pretty nifty. The walk light is green and there are different beeping noises that signify whether its stop or walk. There were also tons of people car rental agencies denver airport just sitting on the side of the street playing music or selling things like necklaces, key holders, and hand drawings. There were tons and tons of restaurants on the street that we took. I really want to try all the restaurants but I know that would be way too expensive! There was even an Australian version of Burger King! Here its called Hungry Jack's!
Anyway, we finally made it to the Virgin car rental agencies denver airport Mobile store and people were purchasing sim cards, pre-paid plans, phones, and USB modems for internet. It was crazy hectic but eventually we all got everything. I ended up getting a sim card and a USB modem even though I got a phone, turns out I can use a sim card with my US phone, so I went with that and now I just need to get my phone unlocked so it can use the sim card. After the phone shopping, we made it back to the apartment where we learned that my apartment was in charge of making/bringing salad to the BBQ our advisers were hosting. We couldn't contact our adviser that had the salad bowl so we went out to the Big W (Australia's Wal-Mart equivalent). It was quite fun to find the Big W since it was located  in a mall. We also bought some outlet adapters for our electronics. We also bought a giant container which we decided car rental agencies denver airport on the way back we prolly didn't really need it, and we should just use one of our pots. We made it back to the apartment where we ran into our adviser car rental agencies denver airport and we managed to grab the salad bowl that he had. We made the salad…in a rush since we were late but we ended up using the bowl and a pot! We made enough salad for 30 people or so but really…how many people car rental agencies denver airport were gonna eat the salad?
Now onto the barbecue! We brought the salad down and there were already a number of people there that brought paper goods, burgers, hot dogs, buns, chips, and drinks. The BBQ was fun and I ate tons of food, I even tried a bit of kangaroo (where one of my project partner pointed out that we came to see kangaroos and now we just ate one…which is valid and kind of sad…but don't worry he ate some too, and I'm sure we will still see kangaroos!). Around this time, lots of people were getting tired from the jet-lag and what not. We did meet Larry (the building manager or something like that) and the Australian project site liaison, Andrea. We heard the spiel about the apartments, calling, and facilities. After the BBQ, my apartment mates and I made it back and just chilled and showered, a very low key night. Though we did give the washing machine a try, it's a tiny machine! We can only really put in half a load! We're gonna be using the washing machine really often to make sure we have clean clothes!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий