понедельник, 15 декабря 2014 г.

Once he was gone, the people came out of the room and started banging on my door, kicking my door, a


This is part of a continuing series of my impressions and experiences staying at various hotels and resorts while traveling to attend concerts worldwide. This stay was during my recent trip to Las Vegas in October 2013. This review is for The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas in Nevada.
I choose a one-night stay at this property exclusively for the purpose of this review.  I am in the process of staying at and reviewing all of the major Las Vegas properties on and around business travel ata corporate chicago story The Strip, and though I have attended several concerts at The Cosmopolitan, I had never stayed here previously.
I had stayed business travel ata corporate chicago story at The Palms the two nights prior , as I was reviewing a Depeche Mode concert there, and had an additional night in Vegas prior to departing to San Diego to shoot and review a Pet Shop Boys concert , so I decided to move from The Palms so I could experience The Cosmopolitan during business travel ata corporate chicago story this extensive, business travel ata corporate chicago story multi-state trip.
One note   if you are traveling as a couple or a family, and privacy is a concern, this is not the hotel for you (or at least the particular style of room I had).  There is a floor to ceiling, door-sized glass window looking in from the bedroom into the bathroom, through the shower. business travel ata corporate chicago story I was traveling alone, so this made no difference to me, but worth mentioning to those traveling with parties of two or more.
If the room was quiet, I would have had something to eat and gone to sleep, and given the property a 4 or 4.5 star review (out of 5)   unfortunately, that was too much to ask for (even calling security three times and personally going down to the front desk to complain to the manager himself business travel ata corporate chicago story well past midnight).
I tend to be pretty forgiving with my expectations of quiet at hotels, particularly in Las Vegas.  Having said that, this experience was well beyond the pale.  And while I have no expectations of common business travel ata corporate chicago story courtesy business travel ata corporate chicago story from fellow travelers in Las Vegas, I do hold a hotel with the stature of The Cosmopolitan to a reasonable level, and this is where they failed in every way, in my personal experience.
It all started at about 5:00 PM, with the people in the neighboring/adjacent room (to the left, if looking business travel ata corporate chicago story at my front door) began to have a very loud party.  It sounded as though they were in my room, as I could hear every word said by every occupant in the room (at least half a dozen).
After about an hour of this, I called the operator and asked that they send security to get them to quiet this party.  The operator was very courteous and sympathetic with each of the several calls I placed through her over many hours.
The first security guard came up, and looking through my peep hole, I could see him standing outside business travel ata corporate chicago story of their room for about five minutes to see if the outrageous noise would ever quiet down at all (it never did).
I ordered room service for dinner, and two women that I presume were prostitutes came and knocked on my door, believing it was the party room next door.  I did not answer, and they figured it out, due to the loud noise coming from the adjacent room.  Again, I could hear everything going on in the next room, as if they were in the same room.  Which confirmed my suspicion that the two women were prostitutes, since everything going on next door sounded as though it was happening in my room, which was pretty disgusting.
Again, I waited, business travel ata corporate chicago story and watched as another security guard knocked on their door and gave them what he characterized as a final warning .  He told them he could hear them from the elevator, which was like 20 rooms down the hall.
Once he was gone, the people came out of the room and started banging on my door, kicking my door, and yelling obscenities through my door, and took the Do Not Disturb sign off my door.  If I knew how useless security ultimately was going to be, I would have called law enforcement, but I thought that the Cosmopolitan would surely remove these people from their property (and was obviously proven wrong).
Another security guard came up again, and again I watched through the peep hole.  This security guard told them it was their final warning (again?) and he actually apologized to them for bothering them.  He said he was just doing [his] job .  He also suggested that they leave the room for a while to circumvent business travel ata corporate chicago story being kicked out.
At this point, it was about 1 or 2 am, so I got dressed and went down to the front desk.  I asked to talk with a manager, business travel ata corporate chicago story and the gentleman at the front desk said he could help me.  I told him at this point he couldn t, that it was a security issue, and I needed to talk with a manager.  He then began to help another person who just walked up instead.  I had to interrupt him and ask him for a third time for a manager.
I explained business travel ata corporate chicago story all of the above, and he said he would have to get their side of the story .  I had videotaped the last visit by the security guard through the peephole, and showed this to him, and he said he couldn business travel ata corporate chicago story t hear anything.  I let him take it away from the noise of the lobby to his office, and a few minutes business travel ata corporate chicago story later he came back and said he couldn t hear it.
I explained that I was just trying to get some sleep; that ironically enough I was only staying at The Cosmopolitan for the purpose of publishing a review on my travel website and Trip Advisor, and that at that point, it was not going to be a favorable one.  He did not seem to care.  I asked if he could write down his name for me, and he wrote down his e-mail address and he said to e-mail him the next time I was coming to Vegas and he would make it right .  I asked him to make it right at that time
They were approaching the room as I was returning to my room, and there was finally no more noise   because the last security guard suggested that they leave for a while.  So they knocked on the door, there was no response, and they left.
The management at The Cosmopolitan never removed them, and never offered to move me to another room.  This is, in my opinion, Hotel Management 101.  I would never stay there again.  If you can t sleep at a hotel, it is useless, in my opinion.
Funny enough , when I checked out the next morning, the front desk representative asked how my stay was I said it was awful and began to explain, and she just stopped listening after about 10 seconds and started up a personal business travel ata corporate chicago story conversation with another Cosmopolitan employee, completely ignoring me.
Filed Under: Hotel Resort Reviews business travel ata corporate chicago story , Las Vegas , Travel Tagged With: advice , advisor , amenities , experience , features , front desk , Hotel , hotel review , location , management business travel ata corporate chicago story , manager , noise , not recommended , party , photos , poor , problem , property , recommend , recommendations , resort , resort review business travel ata corporate chicago story , review , room , security , the cosmo , the cosmopolitan of las vegas , travel , travel review , trip , visit , west tower
This article features the latest in an ongoing series of Rock Talk podcast audio interviews for the Rock Subculture Journal. business travel ata corporate chicago story Today s guest is Peter Hook.  Peter Hook is a founding business travel ata corporate chicago story member of Joy Division and New Order, and next week embarks on his latest tour as Peter Hook The Light, covering the third and [ ]
Watch Original Prop Blog s Exclusive Interviews with Colin Cantwell on Star Wars Prototypes/Concept Art in 1974/75, The Apollo XI Moon Landing, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, WarGames, and More
As readers may or may not know, I own and operate the sister site to the Rock Subculture Journal, the Original Prop Blog.  Founded and launched in 2007, my Original Prop Blog site is all about film and television and important pop culture artifacts finding them, authenticating them, preserving them, and everything that goes [ ]
Reignwolf won over the Rock Subculture Journal back in 2013, with a supporting slot with Pixies at the El Rey Theater (I then counted Reignwolf as my #1 Supporting Act for the year).  I was blown away by Jordan Cook and his two bandmates and their performance on stage, and have been eagerly anticipating seeing [ ]
Milo Greene s second studio album, Control, is due out via Elektra  on January 27th, with the second album track, On The Fence , having come out last week (which you can stream on YouTube).  Having recently finished a tour with Bombay Bicycle Club and a few sold out headlining dates of their own, they have now [ ]
Singer-songwriter Anna Nalick, who has been performing in the U.S. this year, will be closing out her Fall Tour on the west coast, with the final date at Bootleg HiFi in Los Angeles.  Having seen Anna for the first time myself in November of last year, I marked it as one of my top ten [ ]
Rock and roll icons Fleetwood Mac and their Own With The Show tour is heading west later this month, with a second leg of shows added for January, February and March of 2015 as part of their extensive North American tour featuring their historic line-up of Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, Christine McVie, business travel ata corporate chicago story John McVie, business travel ata corporate chicago story and [ ]
English post-punk and New Wave band, The Psychedelic Furs, will be completing the U.S. tour that kicked off last month throughout November, with a break in December, and picking back up in January of next year.  With many of their hits being synonymous business travel ata corporate chicago story with 80s pop culture, the band remains one of the best known [ ]
80s music and Grammy Award-winning New Wave icons Culture Club released a brand new single, More Than Silence , today; with news of an all-new sixth studio album, Tribes, due out early next year.  The much anticipated 2014 North American tour kicks off on November 15th in Rancho business travel ata corporate chicago story Mirage, California.  The band will be touring with [ ]
The Ting Tings have launched a special PledgeMusic campaign for their upcoming album, Super Critical, offering different editions of the new studio album as well as other extras, such as t-shirts and hats, setlists, handwritten lyric sheets and more.  The album is finished business travel ata corporate chicago story and due for release in the UK next week.  This will be [ ]
L.A. band Warpaint will be finishing the bulk of their U.S. tour this month, closing out October at Cargo at the Whitney Peak Hotel in

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий