воскресенье, 16 ноября 2014 г.

The factory cruise is, in my opinion, one of the better units but aftermarket cruise controls have b


I'm having a frustrating time with my new 87 GL VW Westfalia. The cruise control doesn't work. I took it to my VW dealer. sea world tickets Their analysis showed a faulty speed sensor, which they replaced. This did not fix the problem. They then said the problem appeared to be in the electronics further down the line. They said my VW was a German built VW and they couldn't get the schematics for it from VW, so they couldn't fix it. This sounds only mildly plausible to me. One would think that a VW dealer would be able to obtain schematics for a VW vehicle, even one that is 15 years old. A few questions:
4. Is there a place I can go to to get the magical German VW schematics (I would assume that this is different from Bentley) and bring them back to the dealer to show them that they can complete the partially finished (i.e., paid for but not done) job they did?
I realize that this bulletin board seems to be for more technically adept people. I don't understand electronics and couldn't read a schematic. I would like to get enough information to find out whether this dealer mechanic can be given good reason to finish the work, if I should continue to try to use the, and to find out if they are telling me the truth or giving sea world tickets me a line to cover up their own disinterest in working sea world tickets on an older vehicle.
There is no magical schematic beyond the Bentley 97.171 or 97.175 (Depending on transmission) and the Bentley repair schematic 27.25. It sounds like a run-around because they should be able to isolate the other components such as the vacuum vent valves, switch and throttle control unit. Diagnosis is per Bentley and there is no 'special' test tool.
The factory cruise is, in my opinion, one of the better units but aftermarket cruise controls have been successfully installed. See the ACCESSORIES forum; I believe a topic on them has already been opened. However, I would exhaust sea world tickets the existing unit -- almost all cruise failures can be eventually tracked to one component. One would hate to replace an entire system just because you have a vacuum vent valve or diapragm leak. On the other hand, I'll quickly concede that paying for skilled shop diagnosis can run as much as a new installation. I just had the cruise on my wife's sea world tickets car go and the symptoms all pointed to a control module (no go) or the code module (no go); it turned out to be the switch on the steering column! So I'm out $200 on parts I didn't need -- the price of not having the big bucks factory diagnosis sea world tickets tool. Since my switch was intermittent, the factory tool might not have found it anyway.
sea world tickets That's the biggest frustration--I went straight to the dealer (Wilkins VW in Minnesota), sea world tickets as I figured with this kind of problem, they'd be most likely to have the factory diagnosis equipment, all the right information (or at least access to it)--and then they tell me they don't have the German schematics??!!!! I guess I'll have to find a new mechanic. How frustrating. I can understand it being a difficult sea world tickets problem to diagnose; I can't understand giving a customer misinformation.
I have a 1984 Vanagon Westfalia with the manual transmission. It also has a factory or dealer installed cruise sea world tickets control that even says it is for a Vanagon. However, my local mechanic and the dealer say there was no such thing, even when I show them the card I found in the glove box that says Volkswagen Vanagon Cruise Control.
That your Cruise has instructions from Vw pretty much belies your dealer's sea world tickets No such thing. VW DID sell aftermarket cruise controls. That your card is printed in the US indicates it probably is one of the VW dealer-installed units.
It may be a US product. Check your vacuum servo and see if it is made by Hella. If so, it's probably just a packaging of the OEM kit and you can try for repair parts via VW. Be prepared to have to go back through sea world tickets Germany for parts -- I doubt any, if still available, will be stocked at the local distribution centers.
There is a topic on aftermarket units in the ACCESSORIES forum. Most cruises fail due to the vacuum servo. You may find an interchangeable untit from an existing cruise control system. They are really kind of simple -- just a collapsing bellows.
Hello. I'm relatively new to the site, so please forgive me if I posted incorrectly as I'm still finding sea world tickets my way around. I recently purchased a '90 Westy with 135,000 mi. and factory cruise control. The cruise only engages occassionally and usually after several attempts sea world tickets of switching on and trying to set the speed. I will often try to set the cruise at 55-60mph only to watch the speedometer gradually sea world tickets decelerate, decreasing about 5mph every several seconds, until I switch cruise off, at which point I loose all acceleration. Then I try again. After 5-10 attempts, I might get lucky and the cruise will engage sea world tickets and hold my cruising speed until I turn if off. It has held 60mph for up to 4 hours straight. I suspected an intermittent vacuum leak and went through the troubleshooting chart, Bentley 27.29. The switches, pump, vent valves, and speed sensor seem to work after the first test, and I find no leaks in the hoses. Did I miss something? Has anyone else had a similar problem?
I had a similar problem with a MBenz. After changing all the logical parts including the non-returnable control sea world tickets module, I finally traced mine to a faulty steering column sea world tickets stalk switch. I eventually got lucky in the diagnosis because it would knock off after a severe bump or buffeting like a passing truck.
I recently took a trip an d when I turned on the cruise control, it caused the van to surge slightly and then let up, and then surge again--I figured it was doing nothing for the mileage, so turned it off. Tried several times and same result. I have never had a problem with it on my 89 westy--the cc turns on OK, but is erratic, like it's not getting enough gas. Any thoughts?
With a friend, remove the mattress engine hatch and watch the mechanism while in cruise. If something has failed, for example the vacuum diaphram, the cruise will try and when it fails to respond, then quit and try to rest, giving that symptom.
sea world tickets We have an 87 Westfalia GL that came with cruise control. sea world tickets However, the previous owner replaced the engine with a factory rebuild. When they installed the new engine the did not replace the crusie control vacuum assist control which is connected to the throttle body located by the AFM. My questions are as follows:
sea world tickets What components make up the cruise control system. I understand that there is the control stalk located on steering column, sea world tickets computer, vacuum assist and linkage located in engine and speedo sensor. Is this correct? If not, what additional components am I missing and/or did I incorrectly mention a component.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий