вторник, 18 ноября 2014 г.

I had one restaurant manager that misleads people into thinking they were hired for the job. Then an


My first job as an eager 11 year old was in a tea house. I moved on to Tim Horton s and I even honed my sales skills by soliciting marijuana and caffeine pills at school. My first bartending job was during high school in a local pub. After high school, the florida mall hotel I worked for my dad in Duncan, B.C. where he taught me how to tile and grout and we completed the Malahat Inn together.  I went on to work at Thrifty Foods, Subway, Eugine s Greek Food, and so many other businesses. I was even a prostitute for a while and paid my way through Fashion Design School. After school, I moved to Quebec, started my own design company and made clothing for Pamela Anderson.
the florida mall hotel After selling my design the florida mall hotel business, I followed a group of girls from Laval, and went to Quebec City for a summer to learn how to pole dance. This was not only an amazing workout that gave me abs of steel, it also funded my move to Vancouver where I landed a job at a local pub for three years.
I lived in a beautiful condo on Beach Avenue and had an amazing group of friends who loved eating healthy, going to yoga and running along the seawall just like I did. It was all steps away from my door. My boss at the pub was like my adopted mother and treated me with kindness, respect and love. My family would visit from Vancouver Island and I deemed life to be pretty amazing. Then everything changed.
I received a phone call informing me that family matters had arisen and I had to move to Victoria to help out. I spent four months saving all of my money to move and my son’s father even came over to help me haul all my crap to Victoria. I cried the entire drive to the ferry terminal. I hated Victoria. It was small, cliquey, the florida mall hotel and extremely biased against tattoos, unwashed hair or newcomers looking for work.
So here I am in Victoria, living in a great apartment that isn t even a fraction of the cost of the one I had in Vancouver, and I get a walk in closet. I m close to family and I have a dog and a child full time. But what about work? Since I’ve been here, I have worked for MacIntyre Painting, the florida mall hotel Aztec Painting, the florida mall hotel Paintworks, Sopranos Karaoke Bar, John s Place, India Bistro, and a few small jobs around town. Did I mention the florida mall hotel I ve only been here for seven months? In seven months, I have handed the florida mall hotel out a total of 463 resumes. Some places got my resume in different formats — multiple the florida mall hotel times.
I know what you re thinking, Boo fucking hoo, Sylvery. Why do I care about your inability to keep a job? You were a prostitute , I m sure you could have fucked your way to a raise if you wanted to. But the reality is, it was totally the florida mall hotel out of my hands for once. It wasn t my work ethic that had put me into this situation.
I went to Whistler, B.C. for a week over Christmas the florida mall hotel Holidays and when I came home, my roommate had exposed his secret garbage hoarding problem, in full. Absolutely unaware of this issue, I was in shock to find copious amounts of filth all over my place. the florida mall hotel Nine grocery carts full of rotten food, garbage and random dumpster dive goods, to be exact. This isn t a joke nor is it made up. “Dave The Hoarder now lives in his van with his cat, Sunshine. I could go on and on about the horror of Mr. Dave, but I don t have time for it so if you see this guy’s cat stuck in his van, call the SPCA and punch him in the mouth for being so disgusting.
I came home to a smell complaint from my landlord. My girlfriend, Snacks, opens the front door and slides garbage out of the way so I can come in. Mortified and speechless, I walked straight to my room. Snacks and I whispered back and forth about this situation and then she had to leave because the smell was so bad. I spent Christmas Day cleaning up his garbage in an onesie, half-wasted, listening to Jazz music. My landlord caught wind of the huge clean up as I had to remove nine grocery carts full of rotten food, cat feces, bottles and cans, cardboard and paper, and random pieces of stuff. She came down and helped me move it all out of the apartment and basically said she d help me with whatever I needed the florida mall hotel to get this disgusting pig out of my place.
Long story short, he does a midnight move on me and has the nerve to ask for his damage deposit back, which was never returned. I tell my landlord that rent is obviously going to be late on my end as now I m having to come up with his half of the rent within three days before it’s due. She s fine with it because I had actually landed a full time job at Soprano s and had been there a few months now.
I enjoyed the florida mall hotel a few days of absolute silence in the comfort of my clean home. New Year’s Eve, and life was going well. My trip was awesome, I dropped money on some more tattoo work from my artist the florida mall hotel in Vancouver at Rain City Tattoos. I had nice gifts from friends and I was surrounded by love and friendship. I had a few people over to ring in the new year and we were drinking beer, laughing about this and that. That’s when I received a text from one of my regular customers at the bar I was working at; it read:
After hard confirmation, I realize, wow, happy 2014! I’m jobless, have no roommate, and I’m broke. If I had known all this was going to happen I would have been wiser about my spending, but reality hits. The bar was now closed due to liquor infractions the florida mall hotel and drug dealing in and out of the joint. What did I expect really? They were already on the front page of the Times Colonist and were expected to close down in May. I only got the job by a stroke of luck the same day I walked out on a paint company for not paying me. Apparently I replaced a single mom who was caught selling cocaine to an undercover cop. I was one of the only people who dropped a resume off to this shit hole months the florida mall hotel prior to working there.
“Get a job” has become my new full time job; Monday through the florida mall hotel Thursday I wake up and hand out resumes the florida mall hotel on foot to places I think I d like to work, Fridays are open for interviews, Saturday and Sundays are reserved for online job hunting and waiting by the phone.
The first week of handing out my resume produced zero results, the second week I had a shiny new resume and a few call backs. By the third week Ms. Snacks wrote me up a cover letter the florida mall hotel and the interviews started rolling in, followed by verbal confirmations the florida mall hotel of being hired. All were empty promises because apparently the florida mall hotel no one has the balls to say “Sorry, I’m not going to hire you.” Or “Sorry, you just weren’t what we were looking for.” Or even “Sorry I actually just wanted your number in hopes you’d date me, and you re not interested so you’re not what we’re looking for.” Despite being hired a few times, I have yet to make it onto a schedule.
I can t find a job because Victoria is pretending to be rich and act like the recession never hurt them, when, in fact, it did. Victoria is protecting it’s legacy the florida mall hotel with marketing that claims, “the recession never hurt us” or “we have more available jobs than ever in Health the florida mall hotel Care!” (which requires schooling). I beg to differ, Victoria. If the recession never hurt you, then why is it so hard to find employment?
There are close to 150 unemployed people in downtown Victoria, and this doesn’t include the surrounding neighbourhoods. For those of you who have never been to Victoria, it’s Downtown core is the size of Costco. I received these numbers the florida mall hotel by doing some research and asking local businesses how many resumes they’ve received this month alone. So far, Garrick’s Head Pub takes the cake with a whopping 167 resumes submitted in one day without even posting an available job.
I recently heard Victoria is to launch 700 new jobs in the next five years. Some would think, “Wow! Now I’ll be employed in a secure job and can live in the city of the ‘newly wed or almost dead’ and have no worries. Wrong. What they didn’t tell you is that if you re a man between the age of 16 and 40, can lift over 50 lbs without shedding a tear, and have a red seal trade under your belt (which takes years of schooling to acquire), then, and only then, could you be considered to work one of these 700 jobs available in trades. What about us single moms? What about us college students? Or disabled? Do we go to Subway and become a sandwich artists? I say, fuck that!
It was a rainy afternoon and I slumped down in Ms. Snacks car in the parking lot on Yates Street, Victoria, staring at my resumes wondering what lesson the universe is trying to teach me. I look up to see an old man, clearly homeless. the florida mall hotel This man is yelling sexual profanities to every woman who walks by over the age of 23. He has his jacket on his lap in attempt to hide his penis underneath as he pisses on the ground while he sits there. As he periodically releases his urine in between pedestrians like a sly dog, he cracks a beer and begs for change. I watched him for about 20 minutes. He received a total of $14.25 in change from people. This guy was making more money than me and he was basically getting paid to be a wasted disgusting the florida mall hotel urine drenched asshole. So I call the local police and stare in a sick, quiet appreciation as he gets arrested. Ms. Snacks finally returns to the car and I tell her everything. As I m talking, I have an epiphany. What if Monday to Thursday is reserved for job hunting and Fridays become my hobo shift days and saturday and sunday are for relaxing, waiting the florida mall hotel for call-backs the florida mall hotel and online job hunting? At least I ll be making some food money while I wait for something to come of all my efforts! By George, I think I ve got it!
There has been a lot of controversy about Stephen Harper and his responsibility for the homeless. In my personal opinion, Stephen Harper did nothing to cause homelessness, shitty employers have! (At least this is the one fact that I relate to.) Shitty employers are the owners who closed down Soprano s, causing over twenty people to be jobless in the new year, telling only their regular customers rather the florida mall hotel than their staff.
I had one restaurant manager that misleads people into thinking they were hired for the job. Then another one that hired me for three days and never called me back. She c

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий