четверг, 20 ноября 2014 г.

Yeah, just as I feared this was another new approach to trying to scam us out of our hard earned mon


Welcome! We'd love for you to register and get to know other independent travelers! A few of the great features available are individual albums for your travel photos, private messaging and access to our SEARCH feature.
We have been contacted travel agents in san diego california by people representing themselves as working for �Profeco�, a Mexican government agency similar to the Better Business Bureau here in the states. Unlike here in the U.S., Profeco is a part of the government, and has enforcement capabilities as well. The people that contacted us said that the Mayan Palace travel agents in san diego california timeshare sales practices have been determined to be illegal, and that the Mayan Palace is under indictment by the Mexican government. They asked us for details of the sales tactics used when we purchased our timeshare at Mayan Palace, then told us that we qualify travel agents in san diego california for reimbursement of the funds we were unlawfully pressured into investing. I was sent many very official looking forms to complete from Mexican government agencies such as �Profeco�, �Sectur�, and �SAT�. I investigated them all on line and the logos matched the ones on the paperwork that I had been sent, although the phone numbers yielded only messages recorded in Spanish: �service not available�.
Everything was proceeding smoothly, then they said they needed cash from me in order for the process to move forward. So now, fearing yet another scam, I am stalling them as I try to find some way to verify the story that I have been told. Has anybody out there had a similar experience with the Mexican government? Thanks for any and all responses!
Can't say that I have had any experience with the Mexican government, but anything or anybody that asks for cash to move a process along is definitely travel agents in san diego california suspect. I would immediately travel agents in san diego california cease all communication with this group, especially when your attempts to contact them meet with a service not available travel agents in san diego california message. Two very large red flags there.
I would contact the American Embassy in Mexico City to see if they can give any insight. I also would be very suspicious of the demand for cash. Even if the investigation of the time share sales is legitimate, the request for cash to move it along seems like asking for a bribe to me. If the objective of the investigation is to return money to people who have cheated in a sales transaction, then there should be no need for victims of that illegal sale to have to provide more funds.
Yeah, just as I feared this was another new approach to trying to scam us out of our hard earned money. I was able to contact the Banko de Mexico and they confirmed that the forms I had received with their logos were not in fact valid forms. In addition, I received yet another call trying a very similar scam. This was by far the smoothest, most elaborate scam that I have yet seen. If it seems too good to be true it very likely is... Thanks for your advice!
The information in The Independent Traveler is protected under copyright. None of the material may be reproduced without our written permission, with the exception of downloading travel agents in san diego california or printing a single copy for yourself.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий