суббота, 8 июня 2013 г.

New York Bar at the top of the hotel is spectacular at sunset, but it does get crowded, especially d


You can't really get to the Park Hyatt by public hotel victor miami transport: it's over a kilometre up the hill from Shinjuku station. There's a shuttle bus, but despite being dropped off twice I never managed to find the pickup point again even using the map provided, hotel victor miami and after taking pictures to remind me where it was.
Taxis aren't much better either. The Park Hyatt is atop Shinjuku Park Tower, one of the biggest office buildings in Tokyo, but the hotel entrance is on the north side. On arrival, the taxi dropped me off at the south entrance, but I couldn't find a way to get from there to the hotel without having to drag my luggage up the stairs through the Park Hyatt patisserie.
Having finally made it to the empty ground floor lobby, I found nobody to assist with my case, so wheeled it into the lift and headed upstairs. (A bad move: you have to walk the full length of the three towers to get from the lift to the lobby, and while the thick carpeting is attractive, it doesn't work for rolling suitcases.)
That also meant that the Park Hyatt's famous trick of the ground floor lobby staffer radioing your name ahead to the reception desk didn't work. I was expecting some of that magic, but it just wasn't there. Room
The bed, for example, is hard. That's not unexpected in Japan, but this was the hardest bed I slept on during my entire month in the country. There's also a hard, fabric-covered footboard. So anyone over six feet tall can't lie flat and poke their feet off the end of the bed. As an international hotel brand, hotel victor miami this seemed hotel victor miami like a fatal flaw.
And the light switches oh, the light switches. Despite hotel victor miami two nights in the hotel I never quite figured out how they worked. hotel victor miami The bedside light controls are three unmarked glass knobs on the bedside cabinets one for the reading light (which shines right in your eyes), and the others for room lights.
I ended up on one of the two armchairs with my laptop on a pillow, because the small side table (with its disturbing sculpted hand underneath) next to the armchairs is far too high to rest your laptop on, and has raised fittings on the surface too.
The "lapel pin and everything" sommelier brought me an unoaked Chardonnay hotel victor miami when I'd asked for a recommendation for something with butter and oak, the chowder was thin and watery, and the steak was one of the greasiest pieces of meat I've ever eaten.
The top-floor pool is a real draw, with panoramic views from the lounge chairs. hotel victor miami Don't miss the spa and fitness centre either a good soak in the Japanese-style tubs after a workout is a real pleasure.
hotel victor miami New York Bar at the top of the hotel is spectacular at sunset, but it does get crowded, especially during happy hour. Make sure to reserve a place with the concierge and turn up when it opens to snag a seat with a view.
But you want to pop back and forth to the hotel from meetings and after-work events, or prefer an efficiently laid-out room to work in rather than form-over-function designer irritations, you'd be better off picking a different hotel.
The Park Hyatt Tokyo is a hotel which is regularly loved by the Frequent Flyer forum community, and appears on the bucket list of many. Not only due to the Lost in Transaction connection, but because of its renowned service levels are without par, one of the best in the world.
I've been there myself, and must say it very much lived up to my expectations. With the location as the only negative which would stop me returning on short stays. Though I would definitely be taking my wife there on the next Tokyo trip. I find it is a great place to be when you want to get away from the Tokyo madness and seek some serenity (suits you when it is Day 4 or 5 of your Tokyo visit).

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий