воскресенье, 9 июня 2013 г.

UWS is a mid/upscale residential area that has immediate access to Central Park (with all kid activi


A little advice needed!! I have booked plane tickets westin hotel sydney for a 4 day trip to NYC just for me and my 9 year old son at the end of July. At the end we go to Boston and meet up with my husband westin hotel sydney and older son who will be flying from Chicago..
UWS is a mid/upscale residential area that has immediate access to Central Park (with all kid activities), is right near the best museum in NYC for kids (Natural Hist), with a ton of family friendly restaurants that are inexpensive/moderate and 2 subway. lines for easy access to the rest of the city. The area is very busy without being frantic. You might want to consider the Beacon, On the Ave or the Lucerne. I think this would be a much more pleasant experience for a child - with less heat, fewer mobs and more to see/do.
I do like staying in the Times Square area but do not like the location of that Hilton. It is right in the middle of the craziness of Times Square. I much prefer two options nearby that are just as convenient to Times Square but not in the middle of the crowds and the lights -
I agree that the UWS is very nice and I'd probably choose it for a location if I were moving to NYC. I will be staying there this summer at a friend's apartment. But for sightseeing and being a tourist in NYC I MUCH prefer the Times Square area. In fact, the two hotels I mentioned are within the block of my friend's first apartment when she moved to the city. Travel from the UWS is easy but it also takes time and I prefer to be more centrally located when I'm playing tourist.
What I don't understand is why people want to be IN TS - unless they are doing a lot of theater. It isn't any closer - to a lot of major sights than other parts of the city. Most museums and CP are uptown and there are lot of other major sights downtown and in the harbor.
nytraveler, they call it MIDtown for a reason. It's halfway between attractions to the north and to the south. My friend - who grew up on the UWS RARELY goes to the bottom of the island. She is shocked how often I do. I do (as a visitor to the city) more than she has in her lifetime. When I stay in her apartment, I have to allow the travel westin hotel sydney time to get to anything in Midtown. If I want to visit a friend in the Flatiron or in the Village, I have to factor in a LOT of travel time. When you are in Midtown, you are halfway there - if "there" is north or south. And plenty of people live in Midtown. A friend - who could live anywhere (in the country westin hotel sydney actually) lives in the W 50s - and he doesn't go to the theater. He's a docent at the MOMA, has friends all over the city but he choses to live IN the Times Square area. His new partner lives about 30 blocks south - so they stay "in the city" during the week and "in the country" (their westin hotel sydney names for their apartments) on weekends.
Expecting a tourist to commute 30-40 blocks south just to get to Midtown westin hotel sydney JUST because westin hotel sydney you as a local doesn't westin hotel sydney like the Times Square area is as mind-boggling to me as it is to you that people familiar and comfortable in the city would CHOOSE to stay in the Times Square area. I started staying there in the early 90s when there were more peep shows that tourist attractions IN Times Square. Sometimes I wonder if those who hate it still see that version of Times Square in their mind's eye. That theory makes as much sense as others that have been discussed on this board.
westin hotel sydney I've been traveling to NYC a couple of times a year since forever, and I almost never stay in Times Sq. I much prefer staying downtown westin hotel sydney (Chinatown area), Chelsea, UWS -- pretty much anywhere that isn't TS -- because it's a more welcoming environment, the restaurants and shops are better, and the feeling that I'm mingling with New Yorkers more than Kansans. Only exception is if I'm headed down for just 1 night to see a show.
I remain frustrated when locals on this board can't imagine that the Muse hotel and/or the Hampton Inn Times Square North could be preferred locations for many of us. They hear "Times Square" and recoil in horror.
Times Square is NOT midtown. Times Square is not Midtown westin hotel sydney West. Times Square is in a small section of midtown. Thus you will see brands defined by their location, as the Hilton Midtown, and the Hilton Time Square.
As someone suggested, it really comes down to what you would like to do with your son. I have a friend who stays at Hilton TS for business a couple of times a month. She enjoys working in the casual lounge area, rather then staying at a trendier hotel. But it is definately a chain hotel with sterile westin hotel sydney but comfortable character. I've never visited the Casablanca so don't know how it would compare other then having a warmer atmosphere. The one thing is finding a place that will offer 2 beds as an option.
We just will do the typical touristy things - Empire state building, Rockefeller center, Central park, Shopping on fifth avenue of course.then there is the statue of liberty visit too and My 9 year old also wants to go the intrepid air and space museum,..In reading the reviews westin hotel sydney on tripadvisor etc I was impressed with the boutique style of the casablanca!!
I'm not familiar with the Casablanca, but their website says it's "an oasis of serenity, just steps away from Times Square". That reflects what I was saying in my first post on this thread. I've said the similar (steps away) re the HGI, the HI and the Muse. If you are choosing westin hotel sydney from your original two hotels, I'd pick the Casablanca - by far!
I also like the Hilton westin hotel sydney Garden westin hotel sydney Inn on eighth, which as someone westin hotel sydney already westin hotel sydney said, is a bit out of the worst of the fray. The Hampton Inn down the road is also nice, with large rooms and friendly staff, but I found the decor a little gloomier westin hotel sydney when compared to the HGI.
I looked at the DT TS and they are too expensive compared to the fact that its just me and my 9 year old so dont need all the space!! Like the fact that breakfast is included at Casablanca and I spoke to them and they said they will provide gluten free breakfast options for me(I have celiac)..I am leaning towards that one and also due to the fact that its walking distance to almost everything..Dont mind the hustle and bustle(I am from India and we are used to it ).
I like the Edison Hotel for price and location, it has numerous Broadway theaters right outside its front and back doors. But based on your posting, I will check out the Casablanca. I go to NYC often and am always open to different westin hotel sydney hotels.
Due to a recent upgrade, if you have been using a social sign on prior to 2/28/13, you will need to create a Fodor's password and link your new and old accounts. If you don't have a Fodor's password, please request one by emailing us at registration@fodors.com . We apologize for any inconvenience.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий